Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police stations?

Colosseums vs. Police Stations.

We have moderate discontent in some of our cities due to our fledgling navy. How should we deal with these ruffians?

Two options are to build colosseums, (expensive, though effective,) or to build police stations. Most of the discontent arises from units away from home.

I recommend colosseums, because these are more effective in the long run over police stations.

What say the people?
    Police stations- crafty cops corral cretins
    36.36%
    Colosseums - hockey herds hooligans
    18.18%
    Other- List below
    27.27%
    Let them eat bananas!
    18.18%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

I cast my vote for the police stations based on the information provided above.

if the discontent is for naval vessels abroad, colosseums will have a negligable effect, since coloseums remove discontent before unhappiness for soldiers abroad is factored in. Police stations act like mini-women's suffrages in each city (how do we stand on happiness wonders in general?)

Perhaps we can have a breakdown of the cities having problems?
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

the cities i have begun building police stations in are ones i plan to use to build a decent sized navy. i was thinking of at least two ships out of each of those cites, possibly a third if need be. our new caravan policy and recent attacks by the AI navies have forced us to build a decent navy to protect our shores and our transport convoys

Comment

SCG-

The only happiness wonder we have is Mike's. We are currently running on 30% lux, and we just lost out on Bach's and Women's Suffrage to make sure we got the UN.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Both! But if only 1, then I want colosseums.
          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

"Other"

Police Stations where the problem is from military units abroad, colloseums where it is just general unhappiness.
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

*nods @ Cavebear*
              if we lost out on both Bachs and Suffrage, then the replacement structures in each city should be based on what is making it unhappy. Colosseums where it is general discontent is a problem and police stations where the populace has had their national guardsmen called to active duty
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Yeah, we should build police stations where we have military, and colloseums where we don't.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Build only in navy cities.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

wb from sunny california -Jrabbit, how was the golf?

Comment

Golf was glorious! Rented a horribly mismatched set of clubs and still played pretty well. Shot a 94, including a rare-for-me birdie.

It was 78 and sunny. Great transition from Chicago weather to the 3 following days of living in a trade show booth.
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        Golf was glorious! Rented a horribly mismatched set of clubs and still played pretty well. Shot a 94, including a rare-for-me birdie.

It was 78 and sunny. Great transition from Chicago weather to the 3 following days of living in a trade show booth.
                        Well, they say it's a poor mechanic who blames his tools, so I guess the reverse is also true. A person who does well with poor tools understands the game!
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I wish. Success was most likely due to minimal ability to groove my bad habits during Chicago winter!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            I wish. Success was most likely due to minimal ability to groove my bad habits during Chicago winter!
                            I see. You didn't have a chance to get that slice working again, hmmm? Been there, done that (again and again and again)

Comment

i don't like police stations...... if you want police stations , go fundy

seriously though, build them only in naval cities, the rest is a waste since we don't plan on actually falling through with any military action....

damm bunch of doves hehe
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X