*&^*&&^ mongals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wb atomant,

the senate won't be demanding anything now that we have the UN. My policy towards the mongols has been strike them before they strike me, and it's worked pretty well after their initial apppearance on the island. but with limited force, i couldn't stray far from naples. and now that i have, the defence of both cities has been weakened. I would love to capture kazan, it would put a real dent in the mongols plans for forcing us off this island.

obiwan, the problem with attacking the cavalry with the riflemen is that it leaves naples weak to an attack from kazan, which has a railroad 90% finished all the way to our front door.

Comment

Alt. suggestion. Do we have other cities in the vacinity that we can use to help build up a force, wait till the railway is completed then blitzkrieg Kazan. (albeit with calvary). We playing at home (in a demo gov.) I use the first move of the cal to attack then return them to a 'home' city. I wold hazard a guess that K. would also have transport links to other mongol cities inthe neighbourhood.
      "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
      "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Only kerman and at this moment it only has one cavelry and a ship in it. may take a while to bould up a force strong enough to beat Kazan. allso theres that city that we carnt see
        Blessed Be

Comment

whats a turn or seven between enemies.... perhaps as a continuation of the above we should consider giving the pres. the right (nay mandate) to remove the Mongol parasite from this continent?

Comment

Again, welcome back atomant. The rules for Zimbabwe are somewhat different than here in Canada.

HTower- that's what spies are for. Why not bribe Kazan? If it only costs - 900 gold we can afford this.

If all they have is a calvary, we can also rush the city this turn using diplo guiding. We send the one rifleman towards Kazan, and then attack the other calvary with the vet calvary in Kerman. Finally, we kill the ship with the second calvary in Naples, leaving Kazan undefended. Even a weak calvary should be able to destroy a ship due to the Pearl Harbour effect.

Yes, it leaves both cities vulnerable, but it does remove the threat of two calvary that would attack our cities anyway. Better to attack the calvary with only 3 defense, then to defend against 8 attack.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

just bribe the mongol cavalry and use it to aid in our defence , then bribe their city as well
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

yeah i agree with hydey, maybe bribe an engineer and put a fort up between us and the their city if we decide not to take the city..... dont attack with that rifleman, those fortresses have strange effect and rifles aren't that great on attack, even if the calvalry doesn't defend well
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Another vote for bribing the Cavalry. And it might be worth bribing Kazan also, freeing the poor downtrodden citizens (and their tax money) to experience the joys of democracy!
                  Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

well that should pretty much make it official finally a move we can agree on

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                      finally a move we can agree on
                      I don't know if that is a good sign or not
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

well i only have our best interests at heart, even if i believe in a light swatting

Comment

Isn't it annoying when you are trying to host a war and no body is interested in turning up?

Comment

Isn't it annoying when you are trying to host a war and no body is interested in turning up or has a prior engagement

Comment

i'd say the mongols have brought a war. just about everyturn they attack

Comment

as i predicted earlier i know this isn't an ethniccleansing game, but i don't see why we can't boot them off our land..... "our" isn't all the land this game, just the land with "our" cities on it.

otherwise we will spend many resources being bent over the barrels by them....kick them off, by whatever means necessary, and when more come rinse and repeat.

we don't have to take the war to their home soil

Comment

Working...
                                X