No announcement yet.

President's Report 1853-??? and potential Turn Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would appear i missed out on a great game before hand, this one is fun, are there plans for another ?

if so, count me in
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

the community is continuing to shrink, it almost seems like its only the ministers who are left. If we finish this game, I of course plan to participate in the next one, hopefully we'll have more people come back

Comment

I think it's hard to keep people interested in a space race game, which is a real shame since this is going to be a squeaker.

Lots of work left to do before we finish.

Any ideas on what we can do to increase the draws?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

DanQ will always make a news item out of any history written, they just have to be written...

Comment

There is at least one non-minister who follows progress and votes in the polls!

RJM at Sleepers
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

More peolpe will come if we go for the military way of winning, (and maybe, have a game where we only have 10% Sceince when we have a good civ going, and on a earth map, I have a REALLY big one!)
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
                There is at least one non-minister who follows progress and votes in the polls!

RJM at Sleepers
                I've voted in all the recent ones. I've even found some old historical ballots lying around unused and filled them out (didn't reply, just voted - would have hated to really confuse someone by replying to a poll that had never closed ) By default, i'm unable to hold office (don't have MGE atm) since at the time of this posting the Censors have yet to produce their latest headcount with my name on it
                Insert witty phrase here

Comment

FYI, H Tower, I can take non-zipped saves if emailed to my work (@shure.com) email, where I can zip them myself. It's the address listed in my profile.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What good turns from my late visit !
                    JCP
                    Paris, FRANCE

Comment

i'll be playing tommorow, if you see me in the chat room, that means i'm playing the round.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                        i'll be playing tommorow, if you see me in the chat room, that means i'm playing the round.
                        a few years pass, maybe i can finally attain residency
                        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

i've been really busy with school starting up and trying to get back into my routine, its taken a few days to do

Comment

Trade report = Standing orders to Trade Like Crazy.

We need those bonus beakers! (Sorry but I've been too busy to get into detailed planning.)

Best of luck on the coming turns. Any idea what time that might happen?
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                              I think it's hard to keep people interested in a space race game, which is a real shame since this is going to be a squeaker.

Lots of work left to do before we finish.

Any ideas on what we can do to increase the draws?
                              this one seems too far along for me to be able to follow. i may join in on the next one (not as a minister though)
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard

this one seems too far along for me to be able to follow. i may join in on the next one (not as a minister though)
                                I jumped in anyway. Real citizens of real countries have short attention spans, a trait which is simulated by my lack of knowledge of the game's early stages.

Plus, a lot of the polls are 'common sense' issues, tactical issues that can be addressed without a sense of the broad strategy. Again, just like a real life citizen!

And I did peek at the index too
                                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                                X