Moderator Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator Question

All the other democracy games, except for the CtP2 game have the president be the moderator, switching monthly. Initially all of you, (well almost all of you) trusted me as a moderator for a longer period of time. However I believe that it would be a good idea if the community had the opportunity to decide again, and possibly decide that someone else would be better at this job than I am. As the only elected "permanent" moderator of apolyton, the people should of course have the opportunity to vote me out of the moderator position.

The reason this whole thing comes up is that in the CtP2 demo game, we have a mod with no government position who still plays in the game, and unfortunately tries to exert power over how the game is played. And its really pissing me off. I don't want to do all of that to you. I know I'll be taking january off from the government, unless I'm desperately needed.

So am I doing a good job? or am I unworthy of my quasi-mod powers?
    Yes, he's doing fine
    80.00%
    No, I want someone else
    0.00%
    We don't need a demo game mod. Ming and the banana will watch over us
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

doing just fine to me HTower, your views are respected by us , and i don't think anyone oversteps their opinions, maybe their spam, but not their opinions on the game.

its also good to have little debates from time to time about the game instead of just counting the votes and moving on
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

my opinions have very little to do with how well i do as a mod. i'm talking about abuse of power, etc. This thing in the CtP2 game has really got me pissed off at an interfearing mod, i don't want people to lose respect for me(already have lost respect?)

Comment

You're doing a good job as an impartial moderator. Keep it up.

Comment

You're doing fine; keep up the good work. If we think you're abusing the position of Mod, we'll be sure to let you know!

Besides, I've never seen any logical connection between being the President and being the Mod.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

No, your doing a good job!
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

"Initially all of you, (well almost all of you) trusted me as a moderator for a longer period of time. "

If you are referring to me, I think you are doing an excellent job as our benevolent quasi-mod. Keep up the good work.

Locutus:
              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 12, 2003, 17:47.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

i dont' understand the very last part with the thumbs down

Comment

It's a link to the thread detailing the CtP mod problem alluded to by HTower. It fills in what he left out.

Compared to Locutus, we should be thankful to have a quasi-mod like HTower.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

OK, so there is some "Locutus" character that we would would all immediately rebel against, trash, and ignore?

I can understand that.

Heh, heh, let him come here and see how things *really* work.
                    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

i'd prefer we didn't bring that disaster over here or mention names, but it was certainly an eye opener. i can actually remember a time or two where i was a bastard with the mod powers, but it seems everyone has forgiven or forgotten

Comment

yeah i don't think its wise to trash him even in jest......

he has nothing to do with our game, and i have nothing to do with his game

Comment

Working...
                        X