Foriegn Ministry on the Mongols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foriegn Ministry on the Mongols

Seeing as how the foriegn ministry is leaderless, and I want to be able to play the game with feedback from the people on our relations with the rest of the world, it means I get to do about +25 for all of my posts tonight

The mongols are our key tech gifting civ, if we give them techs, we get a tech boost supposedly, however, they'll just turn around and use that tech on us because we're at war right now.
    So, what should we do with the Mongols?

Now that all of you have read my spiel half a dozen times, i have something extra to say about the hated huns. I don't want to give them a single thing for the rest of the game, they've been nothing but a pain in the ass since I took over, rejected everyone of my emissaries. They kill our settlers, maim our children, and have their way with our women. I want them wiped out, a military solution. Do you hear me!? A MILITARY SOLUTION!!!
    Attached Files
    A: Pay for Peace
    2.50%
    A: Peace, but only if its free
    7.50%
    A: UN ceasefire
    12.50%
    A: defensive war
    7.50%
    A: attack them!
    5.00%
    B: Trade with them
    7.50%
    B: Don't trade with them
    12.50%
    C: steal any new technology they get
    15.00%
    C: stealing is wrong
    5.00%
    D: Key civ tech gifting is a good idea
    7.50%
    D: Key civ tech gifting is a bad idea
    7.50%
    The banana does a better job at being foreign advisor than the president
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Don't beat about the bush, tell us what you really think

I Guess you secretly like them a lot

RJM at Sleepers
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

isn't role playing wonderful?

Comment

there have been 7 votes in poll A, but only 4 voters.

And it seems that everyone thinks the banana would do a better job at leading the foriegn ministry than me

Comment

We techgifted the Mongols- we made them what they are now

As for a military solution- I vote against it. UN Ceasefires will buy time for us to construct our spaceship quickly. War is bad for trade as well, and we are still getting good bonuses for freights.

BTW- Flight kills our 'van bonuses until we get automobile.

Steal technogies?

Bananas? Everyone eats bananas for lunch, even apolytoners.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Don't worry about the banana votes. Those votes always come early and often...
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

i am in favor of crushing my favorite mongol horde....letting any warmongering civ live is foolish
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                there have been 7 votes in poll A, but only 4 voters.
                Normal !
                We may want peace only if free.
                If peace is rejected, we may propose UN ceasefire.
                Several answers are compatible.
                JCP
                Paris, FRANCE

Comment

why must our democracy suffer the embarrassment of sneak attacks..... let the doves do their dance after the hawks have torn their prey to shreds....

a united mongol empire is not healthy for us!!!!!!

Comment

I agree!
                    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

too bad were greatly outnumbered by the doves

Comment

It's not necessarily that we are "doves", but that we decided collectively easrly in the game to play it out in an A/C and militarily defensive mode. We want to see how the game goes in this way, but we do expect to win it in this way.

If we fail, we fail. But we don't want to just panic and completely change the strategy of the game at this point. We could have gone for a military win a long time ago and we decided not to do that.

Our challenge to ourselves in this game is to see if we can win a non-offensive military game with A/C at the end.
                        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Our goal to win by AC landing peacefully does not preclude the use of spies or 'defensive counterattacks'.

Couldn't we start a campaign to take the one Mongol city near naples? This way the warlike Mongols are forced to land ships in order to attack our cities.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

the difficulty is that naples is far removed from the rest of the empire, and to ship units there would take time and cause happiness problems by units away from their cities Our campaign to bribe barbarian units had been called to a halt, perhaps we should restart it?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                              ...perhaps we should restart it?
                              NO YOU WIMP! LETS FINISH THE GAME, THEN START A NEW GAME!!!
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                              X