Our Next Wonder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Next Wonder?

Well, we got Magellan's but missed out on Darwin's. Inquiring minds want to know --

WHAT WoW IS NEXT??

I'm at work and can't open the files here, so I don't know what's still available. In general, I would recommend we boost our trade arrows (assuming Newton's is available) or happiness (critical to a succcessful Democracy).

Since I don't have enough info to post a poll, let's just have a lovely discussion thread. If cavebear or one of the ministers can contribute a listing of WoW status (which are gone, which are available, which are coming soon), it would be a big help.

But for now -- random opinions are encouraged! (as long as you promise not to support the Eiffel Tower ).
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Re: Our Next Wonder?

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    as long as you promise not to support the Eiffel Tower .
    Why ? There is a fine video !
    JCP
    Paris, FRANCE

Comment

The most recent Wonders built:
      Attached Files
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Why not WoWs involving more happiness ?
        WomanSuffrage, Cure for cancer ???
        ... or production : HooverDam...
        SETI is toofar for beeing usefull now.
        JCP
        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

I like the United Nations.....CFC is a waste IMO but for a space ship game its not too bad i guess...

sufferage if our army is going to do more than sit on its @ss....

hoovers is a must......and seeing as were scientists, this particular hawk enjoys the manhattan project , i though we could bomb the japanese with it , not once..but twice ....
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I like the UN too, is it possible to have UN and Sufferage going at the same time?
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

that would commit alot of resources..unless we use freight for an instant wonder doh!

Comment

I very strongly favor Hoover's (with Factories in all our more productive cities). We currently have 6 Freight parked at CAPITOL, ready for building a Wonder, so we can have one Wonder for little new cost. We have 4 cities on the home island building more Freight, too (but not very quickly).

The UN could be very valuable to us in a defensive posture as we could keep forcing enemy civs to agree to peace treaties. We should be able to research the Communism tech to get at UN as soon as we finish discovering Refining.

Women's Sufferage would be nice, but not as valuable as Hoover's and UN.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

After checking the 1814 saved game, I figure we can get whatever wonders we need. We have a treasury of +4000 gold as well as a surplus of over 200 gold/turn, as well as a fleet of 'vans.

I recommend going for Women's Suffrage, to help our armies abroad, and to hurt the Celts. Next up are Hoovers, to boost productivity. Isaac's may be helpful, although it will only provide another 34 beakers a turn. We can get far more for shipping 'vans around the world.

UN will be a big plus to force peace on our MGE opponents.

SETI Program will drastically increase our science rate.

The largest benefit from CfC is a reduction of luxuries required to maintain cities under democracy, inflating our science production.

I would rate them in order of importance:

Hoover, UN, SETI, Women's Suffrage, Newtons, CfC
                  and of course, Apollo's
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

we're getting a surplus of gold each turn? Adjust the science rate up!

Comment

Hoover & UN

Comment

Hoover's for the production boost. Suffrage, since it's available now - it will be easier to transport troops and warships to protect our trade and other interests overseas.

The good thing about CfC is that it would help WLtP days, if we are still in a growth through luxuries mode.

UN is always a necessary benefit, especially so it doesn't fall into the hands of an AI.

Comment

Ok for UN, but with Celts not so far, we must avoid Manhattan project !
                          Isaac's is not interesting in our game : we have not a real science city.
                          JCP
                          Paris, FRANCE

Comment

what about manhattans....or are we keeping this devil under wraps? a nucleur deterrant is always a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                              what about manhattans....or are we keeping this devil under wraps? a nucleur deterrant is always a good thing
                              Keeping it under wraps...
                              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                              X