X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City-Planner Poll 1800 AD

What is our focus?

Caravans are good, they bring us beakers and gold. But infrastructure is important, too. You can't build SS parts with cities producing 2 or 3 shields per turn.

I suggest it is time to pay atention to shield production...
    Use Caravans, we'll just trade for gold for what we need.
    27.27%
    Get the shield production up, we'll just build the SS parts.
    72.73%
    Capitalization, we'll buy it all.
    0.00%
    Throw bananas as high as possible.
    0.00%
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

i will agree, space flight and SS parts are not too far off....if were not attacking then just getting the free leos upgrades will be enough, trading a few caravans and rushing some infastructure will allow for more caravans at a much more rapid pace......

lets get industrial and show the world our might
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

If we have enough cash, it won't matter how deficient we are in production. All we need is roughly 10K gold, and we will be able to rush a spaceship in one turn. How much gold do we have in our treasury, and how much can we reasonably expect to have?

If we go for increased shield production, we should build factories in cities producing 8+ shields, use Hoover's for the powerplants, and any cities over 25 production could build MFG plants. This should easily accomodate spaceship production.

Of course, this all assumes that all city terrain is improved for maximum shields.

How is this coming along DE?
      Post some screenshots!
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We need at least 6 cities with 70+ sheild to have a chance! (I never played on deity before, and I would still get my ass wohped if I had this prodution!)
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

what's the average city size?

what kind of improvements would you put in a size 4 city? a size 6? a size 8?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
            what's the average city size?

what kind of improvements would you put in a size 4 city? a size 6? a size 8?
            Our average city size is 6.8, but you can see from the Screenshots thread that we have a wide variation in city sizes.

I think that, in order to improve our shield production we first need more Engineers to improve our terrain. In cities with sufficient food production, we can mine hills. In most cities without sufficient food production, harbors could solve that problem. Cities over size 12 could be zeroed out for population growth and their shield production maximized. That would give us a good basis for production bonuses when we get Hoover's.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Just get the gold from freight and buy the bloody spaceship.
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                Just get the gold from freight and buy the bloody spaceship.
                only buy the spaceship if were going to focus production on our military, otherwise lets build up and crank those freights....

building up is adviseable....and for a democracy, one would think that infastructure would have some sort of importance
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

i think some infrastructure is advisable, and the earlier we build it, the more it will help us in the long run

Comment

Thank you, War4Ever and H Tower!

Comment

yup, H tower and War4ever do make good points
                      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

It's the infrastructure, stupid!
                        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                          Thank you, War4Ever and H Tower!

Originally posted by 123John321
                          yup, H tower and War4ever do make good points
                          i can't remember what our deal was, was i supposed to vote for the two of you in the next election or just allow you to spam in this forum?

Comment

It must be vote as spam is compulsory in this forum
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                              i can't remember what our deal was, was i supposed to vote for the two of you in the next election or just allow you to spam in this forum?

Comment

Working...
                              X