No announcement yet.

Your December Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well its a brilliant idea.......wish we had thought of this 4 years ago.......so i will keep voting , offereing opinions...etc...and make myself known

thanks for the explanations guys , :b
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
      Some of the information about how the game works is in the topped Index of New Apolytonia. Some of those rules are not entirely up to date, and don't match the de facto ones. But it's a start, nonetheless.
      what's not updated or wrong? I need comments so I can fix the list!

Comment

I'm planning on making a more descriptive list which you can use, but I don't really have much time right now. I don't know if anything is actually wrong, but I haven't looked at it for a while.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

when wil lthe electoral process happen for january....with christmas coming i imagine people will be busy

Comment

Why vice-pres, cavebear? Last time I was here, it was all mighty Comrade cavebear, president of Apolyton's greatest communist country!!!
            The one and only panda of the Red Army.
            Xenozodskyovitchkov, retired Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
            Recipient of the Medal for Accomplishment in IRC Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Xenozod
              Why vice-pres, cavebear? Last time I was here, it was all mighty Comrade cavebear, president of Apolyton's greatest communist country!!!
              Well, because were going for a space win, and hes the pres. now (after DE rieted)
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by Xenozod
                Well OK, just for you, I'm taking over as President for the rest of this month!
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                  when wil lthe electoral process happen for january....with christmas coming i imagine people will be busy
                  I'll post the nominations thread Sunday 22nd and the election polls Friday 27th.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

ok, thanks carebear..... how many turns does one get in a month? as many as one can make? or is it a set thing?

Comment

ok, thanks carebear..... how many turns does one get in a month? as many as one can make? or is it a set thing?
                      The number of sessions the President plays per month varies. Sometimes runoff elections delay things, sometimes polls are posted faster or slower than average, sometimes when all the reports are recieved it isn't a convenient evening to play (real life obligations). It's generally 4 or 5 sessions per month. And a individual session usually spans 6 to 8 game turns. It's important not to play beyond the applicability of the recommendations of the Citizens/Ministers.

Comment

right ...that makes perfect sense....... i was just curious in the beginning if the presidents played more than 500 years at a time etc.....

btw how does one incorporate the story in to the equation? ie your reign now is realistic...but your reign for 500 years isn't unless all the cavebears kept the line of succession going?

by the way, just noticed i called you Carebear/....sorry about that

Comment

right ...that makes perfect sense....... i was just curious in the beginning if the presidents played more than 500 years at a time etc.....
                          Since the years-per-turn compress as the game goes on, there is no particular connection between years and sessions.

btw how does one incorporate the story in to the equation? ie your reign now is realistic...but your reign for 500 years isn't unless all the cavebears kept the line of succession going?
                          We kind of ignore the actual yeasr passing. But, IIRC, there were some allowances made to the long years of reign in the histories of the previous game. I think it was assumed there were dynasties of rulers in the early years rather than individual rulers as in the later years.

by the way, just noticed i called you Carebear/....sorry about that
                          No problem. I assumed it was a "cute" or a typo. And I've seen it before used deliberately. Don't worry about it; I'll just hunt you down and unplug your refrigerator so that all of your beer gets warm.

Comment

Dynasties in the early game make perfect sense....if something unique happens, a wonder and such , i suppose the individual leader could be recognized, but his dynasty is enough for the storyline.

and leave my beer alone

Comment

War-
                              Do I count as a dove?

I'd rather be in a Fundy steamrolling over these pathetic AI civs.

I'd love to with you, but the people frown upon
                              those who circumvent the democratic process.

Right John?
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                                War-
                                Do I count as a dove?

I'd rather be in a Fundy steamrolling over these pathetic AI civs.

I'd love to with you, but the people frown upon
                                those who circumvent the democratic process.

Right John?
                                Yup...
                                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                                X