The Real Tech Poll!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Tech Poll!!!!!

The Science Ministry has returned from holiday, noting that we're still in office. That means we need to decide on upcoming Tech choices so that President DE can maintain our desired course -- to the Stars!

Please vote for multiple techs, as we will need to choose several in the next gameturns (Darwin's a-comin'). AND PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS, ESPECIALLY ON ORDER OF CHOICES AND WHY

We are currently researching Industrialization, which will provide us with Transports, Factory, and the Women's Suffrage WoW. After that, it is strongly urged that we study (drumroll...)

The Corporation -- gives Freight and Capitalization. The thought here is that, first, we maximize trade ability for fast arrow production. Then, we move swiftly toward Space Flight, making sure our defenses are sufficient as we go.

Other Techs to consider...

Tactics -- gives Cavalry and Alpine Troops. While we are a peace-loving civ, it can't hurt to let Leo upgrade us bit, eh? Conscription is a pre-req.

[B]Theory of Gravity[/B} -- offers Newton's College (50% upgrade in host city science). Leads to Atomic Teory and Flight. This is on the path to Space Flight (Flight-Radio-Adv. Flight, Rocketry, Space Flt.).

[B]Conscription[/B} -- allows Leo to upgrade our Musketeers to Riflemen. Requires Metallurgy first, allows Tactics after.

Theology -- Cancels Oracle, offers JS Bach's Cathedral. Improves effect of cathedrals.

[B]Metallurgy[/B} -- Cancels effect of Great Wall, offers Cannon and Coastal Fortress. Pre-req for Conscription (riflemen) and Electricity (destroyer).

Electricity -- gives Destroyer, cancels Great Library. Pre-req for several needed (long-term) techs -- Radio (needed for Adv Flight), Steel (Cruiser), needed for Adv Flight, Machine Tools, Electronics (Hoover, pre-req for Rocketry)..

[B]Refining{/B] -- offers Power Plant improvement. Needed for Combustion.

There's plenty of other options. Like Communism, Mass Production, Mobile Warfare, Refrigeration, Amphibious Warfare, Mobile Warfare, Atomic Theory (on path to Laser), Steel, etc.

For now, your humble minister suggests that our next 5 techs be as follows...
    -------------------------
    The Corporation -- Metallurgy -- Conscription -- Electricity -- Combustion
    --------------------------

From there, we go for Automobile, Theory of Flight, and Steel. Just a thought.
    The Corporation
    13.58%
    Conscription
    9.88%
    Combustion
    6.17%
    Metallurgy
    13.58%
    Theory of Gravity
    12.35%
    Tactics
    4.94%
    Automobile
    4.94%
    Electricity
    12.35%
    Theology
    2.47%
    Steel
    4.94%
    atomic Theory
    3.70%
    Refining
    3.70%
    Too confusing -- Just get us to AC!!
    1.23%
    You forgot one! See my +1below.
    2.47%
    Future Tech 77 -- Laser Banana
    3.70%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by -Jrabbit; December 3, 2002, 17:16.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Thanks, H Tower.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think we need them all! (What about Fued.?)
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Yes yes, our camels are tiring, replace them with freights.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

This will depend on what techs we get offered, but here is my order and why:

1. Theory of Gravity.
          Newton's is a big help, I would suggest that it be built in Capitol, as this is our largest city so far.

2. Metallurgy
          On the road to Conscription which will really help our defense. Also makes the Great Wall obsolete helping our barbarian friends.

3. Conscription
          Musketmen toss muskets for rifles- much better defense

4. Electricity
          Makes Celtic Great Library obsolete, allowing us to tech gift with impunity.

5. Corporation
          Camel breeders go bankrupt. Sell all camels for freights and additional trade route bonuses.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
            4. Electricity
            Makes Celtic Great Library obsolete, allowing us to tech gift with impunity.
            A good point, this will reduce the tech advantage being gained by the Celts, our nearest rivals.
            "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

I like this path.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37

I like this path.
                I must give this a big
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

1, The corperation

2, Metalurgy ---> Coastal defence

3, Electricity ---> GL ends

4, Electronics ---> Hoover

5, Combustion ---> Subs with Magalans

Comment

1. The Corporation for $$$ and beakers
                    2. Theory of Gravity (build Newton's)

these two speed us along to further important discoveries like

3. Electricity
                    4. Metallurgy
                    5. Conscription

Comment

I prefer Hoover over Newton, instead of 50% more sience in 1 city we get 50% more factory output for all our city's

Think of how many extra freights that is per turn ?

We need Mettalurgy before we can get Electricity btw

Comment

Hoover's rules! I want it, fast!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Lets get the corporation first, upgrade some military and then get to Hoovers...its one of those wonders we just love having
                          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                          X