Election Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Nominations

If you intend to run for office for the December turn, post your intentions in this thread. Needed positions:

President
    cavebear

Minister of War
    DinoDoc

Minister of Science
    -Jrabbit

Minister of Trade

City Planner

Imperial Expansion Minister
    Earwicker

Foreign Minister
    H Tower
    Last edited by ixnay; November 27, 2002, 11:59.

-Jrabbit for Science Minister, 2nd term.

I vow to show up and post my polls.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sorry no nomination for me, I'm too busy and have too long days far of my connexion for a regular participation.
      JCP
      Paris, FRANCE

Comment

I was kicking and sreacming this trem so no, I will NOT run for re-election!
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

what was so bad about your term John?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
            He didn't want to serve this term, but was sort of pressured into it. I respect his willingness to take the duties of the job in support for our Civ.

We need new people to step up and lead us to new sucesses.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

No, like cavebear said, I didn't want to be a Minister this trun so I'm taking a 2 mouth vaciton from poilcts.
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

depending on what the people say about me being a quasi mod and being able to hold office, i'll throw my hat in the ring for foriegn affairs minister.

of course, the people have a choice now, is it acceptable for me to both hold office and be a mod? i'd like to be able to serve the people in both positions, but i can certainly understand if the people don't want me to hold both at the same time

Comment

Is Bruce the Stupid interested in a position? I nominate him for any position he might be interested. He has had some very informative and useful posts, particularly concerning oft overlooked logistical problems. Also, he has not previously had a position with the Democracy game.

What do you think Bruce?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

depending on what the people say about me being a quasi mod and being able to hold office, i'll throw my hat in the ring for foriegn affairs minister.

of course, the people have a choice now, is it acceptable for me to both hold office and be a mod? i'd like to be able to serve the people in both positions, but i can certainly understand if the people don't want me to hold both at the same time
                    I don't see any problem with you being an elected official.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                      Is Bruce the Stupid interested in a position? I nominate him for any position he might be interested. He has had some very informative and useful posts, particularly concerning oft overlooked logistical problems. Also, he has not previously had a position with the Democracy game.

What do you think Bruce?

Anyone who thinks that someone with the phrase "TheStupid" in his nickname is suitable for running for office is even madder than I . I am honoured by your comments none the less. I would actually like to get involved, but not yet, as;

1) I'm not sure I'm experienced enough at anything but war,
                      2) I don't feel I've yet got a grip on the format of this game,
                      3) During December I may well be away and unavailable for 2 lengthy spells.

I might well be interested in January/February though (assuming we haven't won by then!!!).
                      "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

Great reasons. Proof that you are qualified!

Comment

I am running for President. The Citizens need screenshots and other information in order to make good decisions. They haven't been getting them. I will always provide that.

I'd like to see some new and some experienced people stand up for election to the Cabinet offices. Anyone new who is afraid they won't know what to do, I'll help you through it.

We need some focus on the years ahead. I got us through Republic (always tricky); I'll get us advanced through Democracy to the production stages. Caravans are important to us, but they are not the *only* thing we need now.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                            I am running for President. The Citizens need screenshots and other information in order to make good decisions. They haven't been getting them.

Caravans are important to us, but they are not the *only* thing we need now.
                            They have got screen shots as usual please no need for you to post lies here cavebear.

what the cities build is not up to the president but the people vote in polls produced by ministers and then the ministers prepare reports for the president.

Some ministers do some try to just cause problems.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

My resignation from C2DG politics stands. I will not be contesting any office this term.

Comment

Working...
                              X