• Show
Clear All

• City Planners 1550 Polls

Granada has 6 corruption. We could:

A: build a library
    B: build courthouse
    C: build market
    D: other

A courthouse will give us three more trade and act as a happy item in Demo, 1 content= 1 happy in Democracy.

Saragossa has a production shortage and it will be 12 turn before it increases in size. Should we have the settler near cadiz...

A: Join City
    B: Keep improving land
    C: option not requireing a settler.

Bilbao also Has high corruption rates (9 ) A courthouse there would free up at least 4 trade arrows. so should we...

A: build courthouse> library
    B: build courthouse> market
    C: build market> courthouse
    D: build library> courthouse
    E: build library> market
    F: build market> library

Attached Files
    Library in granada
    2.33%
    courthouse in granada
    13.95%
    market in granada
    11.63%
    OTHER, post below
    0.00%
    join city settler boy!
    4.65%
    Don't worry just keep building those roads
    18.60%
    other option. post below please
    4.65%
    Cout>LIbrary
    6.98%
    Court> market
    9.30%
    Market>court
    4.65%
    Library> Court
    2.33%
    Library>Market
    0.00%
    Market>Library
    9.30%
    BANANA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11.63%

The poll is expired.

Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

i just realized how incredibly stupid it would be if we went and built courthouses. we're almost to democracy, and i imagine that we'll be switching shortly after we receive it

Comment

Yeah, Libraries and Markets are essential, and Universities and Banks wouldn't hurt any, either.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I suggest the Settler near Cadiz should go and re-irrigate the Saragossa corn and the tile south of it. The last Barbs to attack pillaged the 2 squares and reduced their value. That would increase population growth and get the next Citizen built sooner, who has a Mined Hill ready and waiting for him.

In Bilboa, it would take 26 turns to build a Courthouse, and I *hope* we are in a Democracy by then. I think we may as well go for a Marketplace right now.

The Dip being built in Granada is meant for Leon (building a Caravan). Granada could really use a Marketplace after that.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Marketplace, then Bank. I agree with others, Courthouse would be a waste.
          "It's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how many people you can slaugher playing the game...." - BruceTheStupid, 2400BC.

Comment

Please, don't build any courthouses!
            It will waste time that could be spent building essential
            marketplaces and libraries! Let Democracy cure corruption.

This is me with a courthouse!

This is me with a marketplace!

This is me with a marketplace and a library!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
              i just realized how incredibly stupid it would be if we went and built courthouses. we're almost to democracy, and i imagine that we'll be switching shortly after we receive it
              Under demo a courthouse does gain us an extra happy citizen so its not completely useless.

But I agree markets and library's should be first on the list.

Comment

I didn't think we were so close to Democracy
                I agree with all the posts and will suggest we stick with the library's ans markets
                Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

Under demo a courthouse does gain us an extra happy citizen so its not completely useless.

But I agree markets and library's should be first on the list.
                  Courthouses can be a great aid to getting extra cities to celebrate under Democracy. That means growth = more workers = more production and trade.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

To be precise about it, we are 5 (of 8) turns from Medicine, after which we could choose to research Democracy, which might take 9 turns. Of course, we have trade caravans which could shorten that time.

So, I don't mean to make it seem we will have Democracy in the next session, but it is on the immediate horizon of possibilities. It was offered in my last session, so it should be again. It is just that we have to decide to go for it (which the polls say we have) and then get it (which we can speed up with trades).

But I didn't want anyone to think we would have it in just 3 or 4 turns.

Comment

well that just gives us time to get the library;'s and markets built before the potential switch. The court houses were an optin if we were going to stay in republic and seemed like a good idea in that case.

I have submited my report and posted it here so you can see what I suggested.
                      Wizards sixth rule:

Comment

Working...
                      X