• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

Let me see..

Turn 1: Disembark archer to left of city; Disembark archer to right of city

Turn 2: Fortify archers

Turn 3: Collect settlers and leave in ship ready to disembark

Turn 4: Disembark new archers (presumably the first two would have been attacked) and disembark settlers.

Turn 5: Fortify new archers; Settlers build fortress.

Five turns and we've got a manned fortress next to their city. If we used 4 settlers, we could have two manned fortresses in 5 turns.

After that, its just a case of landing a few diplomats, destroying their buildings, and bribing. Easy
    Roar!

Comment

That will take more than five turns. We must build and/or transport all the units. It would take quite a lot of planning to make it work that smoothly. We'll see if the ministry of defence is competent enough for that one.

Comment

Give me a junior position.. Commander of Millitary Planning or something.. and I'll *make* it happen. Where do I go to get elected?
        Roar!

Comment

Originally posted by JCP

How play OCC without allies ?
          Now I recall...I played an OCC 1 time=> so that was the last time I had allies.(but I really don't like the begging part of OCC )

The suggested plan would at least take 20 turns(transporting those units would at least take as long)

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

1. Now that we have Adam Smith, we should be creating massive infrastructure of (free!) 1GP city improvements (markets, libraries) in our core cities.
            2. Build a Diplomat army to pull down city walls.
            3. We laid the foundation with Lighthouse and Magellan. Tech goal should be straight to Ironclads!

The biggest mistake would be to press the attack before ready. Vet ironclads and diplomats will do the job for us as long as we prepare properly.

Great job, cavebear!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Bear
              Give me a junior position.. Commander of Millitary Planning or something.. and I'll *make* it happen. Where do I go to get elected?
              The position of Minister of War (aka Supreme Military Commander) already exists for the planning part of our battles.

You just missed the regular monthly self-nomination deadline; as you can see from other posts, the actual elections are in progress. We do this toward the end of each month. So, stick around, offer suggestions, build a good reputation, and run for Minister of War next month. It's a good idea to be a participating Citizen for a while anyway, just to get a good idea of what the Cabinet Members do.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I agree with -Jrabbit.
                The library and market place improvements would be my first goal so that we can get the allready impressive 4 turn tech down to a three or even a two. the market places will provide for any future rushbuilds we will need in the fallen cities of our enemies, as well as providing more luxuries to our people.

Build attack forces in cities which allready contain the "free" improvements so that we may take those american cities.

This is all based on our city production, as for our attack force why not have them take a few of the egyptians out while the opportunity presents its self? Lets not forget that the only purpose for AI is to stop you the player and it can quickly change track from a puny imp to a marginally well defended nation with potential to be a dificult conuest.
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Our diplomats can reveal the dialectic to the proletariat of the other lands and help them revolt against their capitalist oppressors.

Comment

you mean incite revolt? i bet that would be too expensive this close to the enemies' capitals

Comment

Working...
                    X