Our World in 1640AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! Good job.

We will soon destroy the weakling Egyptian pig-dogs!
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
    Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

When are you going to send the save file?
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
      Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
        When are you going to send the save file?
        AACKK! I am so sorry. Completely slipped my mind. I will attend to it immediately! Note to self:

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

1640AD game file emailed...
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

We should make a push north towards Washington. Even if it delayed the conquest of the Egyptians, their eventual defeat is inevitable, for the dialectic demands it. Anyway, capturing Shakespear's Theatre will give us an important platform from which to base our armies once (if) we convert to Democracy or Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
              We should make a push north towards Washington. Even if it delayed the conquest of the Egyptians, their eventual defeat is inevitable, for the dialectic demands it. Anyway, capturing Shakespear's Theatre will give us an important platform from which to base our armies once (if) we convert to Democracy or Republic.
              Well, now *that* is in context! I welcome that sort of comment.

Washington is walled, large, and it is reasonable to suspect that it is full of defenders (since the Americans have only 4 cities). How would you suggest we attack it? I do want your opinion on this.

Some questions: What do you think the Egyptians will do if we leave them alone for a while? Can we afford to attack strongly-defended cities while there are weaker ones to take? Do you think we should attack only cities with Wonders or whole civs (one by one)?

Comment

also keep in mind that the AI can transform it's gold into shields(that's how it cheats figured that one out this weekend)=>rushbuilding partial troops and stuff

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Well played term

I would suggest we should only take wondercity's and city's with high shieldproduction.
                  Let those high shield city's make more units and bombard the remaining (high trade) enemy city's with caravans from our ever expanding core.

Comment

We have a bunch of units ready to attack the egyptians, right? The americans are on the same continent as the egyptians, right? The egyptians have three cities. Washington is one city. If we bypass the egyptians, we can take washington. If we have a force sufficient to conquer three cities, we have a force sufficient to conquer one slightly larger city. And if we attack the egyptians and leave the americans alone, what do you think they will do? Also, If we capture washington, it gives us a large, on-site industrial base with which to produce units, greatly shortening our supply lines.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                      We have a bunch of units ready to attack the egyptians, right? The americans are on the same continent as the egyptians, right? The egyptians have three cities. Washington is one city. If we bypass the egyptians, we can take washington. If we have a force sufficient to conquer three cities, we have a force sufficient to conquer one slightly larger city. And if we attack the egyptians and leave the americans alone, what do you think they will do? Also, If we capture washington, it gives us a large, on-site industrial base with which to produce units, greatly shortening our supply lines.
                      The Americans have 4 cities. The only 2 we can see are walled. How do you think we should attack them?

Comment

Perhaps I should chime in on the discussion of conquest...

Considering that every target on the egyptian-american continent is walled (that we can see, anyway), our current force is too weak to launch a further attack. We should assume we are attacking veteran units behind those walls.

Any pre-gunpowder defensive unit defends with a def=9 behind the walls. A veteran crusader attacks with att=7.5. We would need greater numbers or wonderful good luck to take even one of those cities.

I do not recommend attacking america yet, simply because we have weakened egypt. All of their attack units are already dead. Any being built can be killed by a just a few strategically placed units carrying our banner. Attacking the americans will cost us some of our units and allow egypt to regroup.

To further our conquest of this continent, the S.M.C. recommends one of the following approaches:

1. Build hordes of crusaders now, and research our way to cavalry. Leo's Workshop will make our swarm of crusaders (att=5) a swarm of cavalry (att=8). The AI will probably have gunpowder by then, but we will have both strength and numbers.

2. Build many barracks and then crusaders (and later dragoons). As veterans, they are almost as strong as cavalry. We could conceivably have a sizeable force ready before the AI reaches gunpowder.

In either case, our preferred mode of assault should be the second move after landing. Galleons would allow us larger attack forces with fewer ships.
                        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                        intelligence to few.

Comment

I say we go for the weaker unwalled ones now. If we can take out the support for their entire goverment by removing all their sources fro income, trade, science. The larger more valuable ones will fall too us soon after. especially if we surpass the in millitary tech.
                          I want chicken I want Liver I want everything for dinner!!!

Comment

but didn't cavebear say that all the remaining cities that we can see are walled? if we are to attack those cities we are going to need cannons or artillery

Comment

WHy wait for cavalry? The extra hp that dragoons have approximately doubles (in effect) our attack

Comment

They have four cities? I thought they only had two. Anyway, my point stands, if we attack egypt, america will be able to build up even further.

Comment

Working...
                                X