Poll: Let's go bonk some heads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Let's go bonk some heads.

We have a large force of tanks, all dressed up with no place to go.

We have several options.

1. Keep them to strike at the Sioux.

2. Ship them overseas to strike at the Egyptians to steal Nuclear Fission.

3. I am open to any and all suggestions as to where we should send these troops, as we have plenty of other viable options.
    Keep them where they are
    100.00%
    Sail to greet the Egyptians
    0.00%
    Something else posted below
    0.00%
    Paint them yellow. Banana Yellow.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Could cavebear please edit the first option to read 'are' rather than 'air'?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I will wait to vote on this until I've seen some discussion. I think we need to capture as many cities as quickly as we can. Does this mean battle with the Sioux or the Egyptians?

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

The problem with the Sioux is that while we can capture cities, we would need to build roads before we could effectively capture cities.

And it is difficult to do that when their ships patrol the gap.

Also, we can gain more by striking at the Egyptians, because their cities are not that fortified at this time.

However, the risks of attacking the Egyptians are greater because of the Zulu patrols. So we have to hope that the Zulus are preoccupied with our cities, and Apolytonia, to watch for a transport loaded with 8 tanks.

Another option is to try a feint so that we can actively rather than passively draw the Zulu navy away from the area where we hope to land troops.

Comment

We have safe squares to fortify our Armor away from ship fire. That's if we want to take Sioux cities (and I think we should), of course. Based on the ease of taking Wood Lake, I don't think the Sioux could threaten our Armor.
          Attached Files
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

If I understand correctly, "keep them where they are" means we will use them to take Sioux cities next session. I vote for that. We can try to provoke them into declaring war or accept the Persian offer of a war alliance. Either is fine with me.
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Yep, that's the plan. I've been trying to provoke them since we signed peace.

Comment

just maintain a spotless reputation while bonking heads
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Taking cities will increase the overall production base, in the current case, yielding more tax receipts. The Suefolk are close and weak, so let's eat some Suemeat!!

We may need to be patient though. Our other colony cities are under continuous sea bombardment and need garrison units. So far the Zulu are not sending transports, but we are toast if they do and if no one is home when they arrive.

Putting our main assets, the tanks, to sea seems a very, very big risk at the present time.

It would be nice if our Keltic allies would send some help to disrupt the blockade.

Monk
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Yeah, our 'allies'.

They're causing the biggest problem!

Okay. So it looks like we are going to target the Sioufolk.

That just means we have to decide whether we want to backstab them, or keep trying to incite war.

Comment

And that sort of depends on the outcome of the open question regarding our "reputation', doesn't it.

It won't matter if we die with an 'Excellent' rep. Go forth and stab.

Monk

Comment

I agree with Monk. Reputation is not a serious concern to me. We should follow the more specific and controllable restrictions, though.

Comment

cavebear,

If we are going to show some leg, why worry over whether we are wearing panties??

In for a penny and all that....

Monk

Comment

Interesting metaphor

I liked the spotless reputation restriction, now that it is gone I suppose it doesn't matter much what our rep is....Excellent or Dishonourable, neither is Spotless. (Sparrowhawk states the obvious)
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk
                              cavebear,

If we are going to show some leg, why worry over whether we are wearing panties??
                              Wow... perhaps a tad extreme there, but point taken and agreed wholeheartedly with.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X