Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City-Growth Poll 1895

How to Expand?

We have 11 cities. Apolytonia is size 12; the rest are 3/4/5. Do we want more? Should we build new ones or conquer them?

It's multiple choice (we could choose both). ..

If we want to conquer, we know where the nearest cities are.

If we want to build, here are 3 interesting sites:
    Attached Files
    Conquer new cities
    30.00%
    Don't Build new cities
    0.00%
    Yes Build, #1
    20.00%
    Yes Build, #2
    20.00%
    Yes Build, #3
    20.00%
    Yes Build, but "here" instead
    0.00%
    Heck with cities, just plant Bananas!
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

I think we have other priorities at the moment, such as trying to fortify the cities that we have.

However, once we get engineers, we should consider building new cities, as then they will be easier to build.

We should also consider building one closer to the Celts for obvious reasons, should we desire to nuke their capital and burn their spaceship.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well, if we wanted to build a city near the Celts, this sure would be a great spot! If we could survive sending any units across the ocean, of course... We can't do that now, but we should keep it in mind for the future. We'd have to be able to drop a couple of Alpine units in it and be prepared to build City Walls and A coastal Fortress in successive turns at the least. But it is a possibility.
      Attached Files
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I second that. We should try to put a base there if the Celts haven't done so already.

We can do that after we start to clear out the Zulu navy with our cruise missiles, to ensure a reasonable chance of success for our ships.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

to both build ideas...

...but also, mil-units seem to be the priority at the moment.

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

It is never easy to implement the will of the Citizens, is it? I suggest we have Two Whales and Cartenna build a Settler each. With the 1 we already have, that will allow us to build the 3 new cities, which should grow rapidly.

As far as the new city north of Malaca and near the Celts goes, we can just reach that spot in 2 Transport turns from either Malaca or Apolytonia. We would need to have a Settler and a Tank ready to go, and a few Cruise missles to clear a path for it. It would also be good if we could rush a Coastal Fortress for Nuke City, too.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
              It is never easy to implement the will of the Citizens, is it? I suggest we have Two Whales and Cartenna build a Settler each. With the 1 we already have, that will allow us to build the 3 new cities, which should grow rapidly.
              There are always trade-offs. Those two cities are away from the Zulu coast; but, they both have barracks, so building settlers there is less than ideal, especially since having more vet mil-units would be nice, too. There is no doubt that we need more cities but is now the time to divert resources (shields AND city size) toward building them ourselves when there are (admitedly less ideal) Sue cities for the taking??

Too bad we can not do both,
              Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

We'll see.

I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve.

Comment

Well, interpretation of polls is an interesting art. On further examination, I notice that conquering cities got 3 votes while the build options only got 2. And the immediacy of building new cities was not specified.

I could recommend either way on this.

Comment

It helps me gage priorities.

I know that should I have a choice, I should conquer cities first, rather than building new ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X