Communism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communism

All right, I'm doing this poll because it's probably the most important thing right now.

Do we want to ovethrow the blighted bourgeosie republic to form a glorious People's republic under Communism?

You have 3 days, as I want to keep up the pace.
    Yes, defend the proletariat
    85.71%
    No, leave those wastrals alone
    0.00%
    Not so fast, let's try something else
    0.00%
    Form a banana republic.
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

We have found writing in the city libraries that suggest advantages from this "Communist" form of government. We can support 3 units of military units without the expense of shield support, our settlers will consume only 1 unit of food per term (by living off the support of the proletariat "comrades"), and the People's Defense Units will make many citizens content! These are great advantages.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I know it's only a game, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for a communist government.

Oh well, at least it's not fundamentalism.

RJM at Sleeper's
      Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        We have found writing in the city libraries that suggest advantages from this "Communist" form of government. We can support 3 units of military units without the expense of shield support, our settlers will consume only 1 unit of food per term (by living off the support of the proletariat "comrades"), and the People's Defense Units will make many citizens content! These are great advantages.
        Whoa!! This is not exactly correct.

Setts and Engineers eat Two food per (not one). The first three mil-units are free of support and make two citizens content (doubled) for martial law. After the third unit there is a 1 shield cost.

I agree that Commie is more suitable for war than Republic.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

And there it is - what we need to do now should be clear: go bonk some heads!

And the best way to do that is Communism or Fundy. Communism here we come. Hit it on the nose there, BM.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

RJM:

I feel your pain, but I hope someday to steal the mystical concept of Fundamentalism.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Monk, you need to get more into the *spirit* of the game.

"We" (our brand new living-this-game-only civ) haven't discovered Communism yet so "we" don't know exactly what it will be like. "We" have found hints of it in a library (the Civpedia) and what I said was what is hinted at in the library.

Smile, relax, enjoy playing the game...
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

cavebear,

If by "spirit of the game" you mean passing off wrong info to folk who may not know you were making a joke, or under the influence--of "spirits", shall we say, then I have to say I think you need to tighten up a bit.

And by the way, the manual is itself a joke and can not be relied upon.

Or, am I missing the point?? Were you deliberately giving wrong info in the guise of a joke?? It did seem to be a supporting statement for why Ben's proposal should be agreed to by all. after all.

Finally, as one with more than a little experience with "spirits", let me say that channeling is a risky proposition. You really need loads of discernment to sort out the truth from the ravings.

Monk smiling continuously
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk

Monk smiling continuously
                  GAH!

/me starts getting paranoid....

Why are you smiling all the time? You haven't ratted on me to the Peoples' Revolutionary Committee, have you?

That horrific image... it's looking into my soul....

/me shudders..

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I meant that, as an innocent citizen of this particular civilization, I knew only of what I discovered in the "library" and reported it so. A little bit of roleplaying doesn't hurt... The fact that we know thge Civpedia has some errors in it need not prevent us from referring to it in our little civ roles. I think you have to have a slight touch of "pretend" to survive being a Leader or Minister very many times.

Comment

Yeah, this isn't supposed to be like work Monk.

Let's try to have a little fun, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        Yeah, this isn't supposed to be like work Monk.

Let's try to have a little fun, eh?
                        "...like work". I fail to see where I suggest this should be like work. And I was having fun my own self with the "channeling" remark.

I think we can have barrels of fun and still make posts without misleading information in them. And if one wants to post false knowledge in a dreamscape maybe they could label it as such to avoid confusion.

And all I did was state the correct facts. Is that to be considered a no-no?? After all, there is nothing in that first post that would indicate that the writer was not presenting the facts, or was skeptical about the verasity involved.

What is a girl to do??

Monk (me having fun)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bloody Monk - I surrender and apologize. I posted something that appealed to my ocassional sense of role-playing and I should have made it more clear.

Your statement that Communist Settlers demand 2 foods per turn was quite correct. I was quoting "the library" (Civpedia) from an in-the game position of unknowledge and you were quoting the reality of Com Settlers.

I regret having been "playful" about the true facts of Communism in Civ. I've turned off my defensive shields, I've shut down my holodeck, and I am taking the advice of the ship's Counsellor to avoid further dispute.

I hope that is sufficient.
                          Last edited by cavebear; September 16, 2004, 21:35.

Comment

No problem, cb. Let's win this thing!!

And please don't forgo any creative writing for I enjoy a good story, too; just please keep in mind how literal minded I can be so that I do not get confused.

And I too apologise if I expressed myself poorly.

Monk (offering some pithy creative writing)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                              RJM:

I feel your pain, but I hope someday to steal the mystical concept of Fundamentalism.
                              I'm sure my grandmother taught me that thou shalt not steal fundamentalism - something like that anyway.

Presumably once we have revolted to communism, the whole game is controlled by the politbureau and we the people get to vote how much we approve of what they're doing in polls that don't even have a banana option.

(Or perhaps there are so few of us, we are the politbureau.)

RJM at Sleeper's
                              Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
                              X