Consul Cavebear Resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consul Cavebear Resigns

For personal reasons, I need to resign from office. I have to get away from the computer, as the amount of time I am spending on it is affecting real life. Holding office requires me to log on every day, and I simply have to put a halt to that.

Therefore, I reluctantly resign. I know you all will find a way to pull this game out of the fire, so best of luck.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Been there, so I understand your position, Cavebear.

Now, one would hope for BM to step up.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, CB.
      I hope you can pull reality back into place

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Sorry to hear this, cavebear. RL is especially cruel when it keeps one away from Civ2. This I know about...and as well, that you will be missed.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I hope your RL issues get resolved real soon
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Did this effectively kill the CivII Demogame????
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Well Cavebear's resignation certainly put the game into suspended animation. I guess it could be revived as soon as we have someone who is willing to lead us for a while. The problem remains a shortage of active players.

RJM at Sleeper's
              Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Mmm... I'm still about and watching, with my new high-speed wireless too I could contribute.... but I'm not confident (in time terms) of standing up to play turns 'n' stuff.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

So choose a few people to do the most basic Ministerial work and rotate session-play.

Or start a new game. Maybe this one just became too unworkable (or hopeless?). Maybe play a straight-forward crush the AI game, and get things going again.

Meanwhile, I'm getting a lot of (long-delayed) RL stuff done around the house and yard. You should see the 50 foot long "creek" and waterfall I've added to my pond. I should have that completed tomorrow.

I still check the forum every few days...
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Finally got moved in.

/me launches a coup of the Civ2DG.

I am willing to appoint a cabinet of anyone still desiring to post in this forum.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Does this mean that you are proposing 'Ben' for Consul??

Assuming you mean yes, then I second that. What this has lacked has been someone to oversee and play. Let's get cracking.

Monk
                      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Existing game or new game?

Comment

Current game.

And yes, this will be my second term as the Consul for this Civ2DG.

Comment

I would like to change our sliders to increse our cash payments so that we can start to build tanks. Let's forget about science for the rest of the game, because we are hopelessly far behind the AI, and research will only put us farther behind.

We need to establish immediate defenses, in Musketeers for now, followed by a few tanks to patrol our colony.

Then we will have to try building a small task force of tanks to visit an AI city so that we can steal technology, prefereably Espionage. With Espionage we can steal the remaining technologies required to put us on par with the AIs, and we can start to do some real diplomacy.

But defenses come first.

We have some shields stored up for improvements, I suggest that we shift all of them to Musketeers just so that we have some defense, then we can use the tanks for more active defense of our cities.

I know I have been clamouring for Monarchy, but it makes better sense to remain in Republic as we can keep a decent cash flow up with the added arrow on all of Apolytonia's squares.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 3, 2004, 19:58.

Comment

Let's get cracking.
                              If the Parliament approves my application, and is wililng to assist me in these matters by applying for cabinet positions, then I am most willng to see this game out as your new Consul.
                              Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 3, 2004, 19:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X