The Tale of the Years 1853 - 1863.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tale of the Years 1853 - 1863.

1853 - Stop Xinning. Adjust tax to 20/60/20. Change Apolytonia Settler to Caravan.

1854 - Discover Polytheism, start Monotheism. Salt to Giza, 100G and beakers 1/3 to Monotheism! Explorer moves west and finds end of land. Beads become available in Apolytonia. Buy or Rush: Caralis Settler for 13G, Cartenna Temple 50G, Malaca Settler 82G, Panama Settler 79G, Two Whales Temple 32G. Utica will finish Settler next turn on its own.

1855 - Settlers and Temples built, start Colosseums. Explorer moves south along coast. One Caravel explores east of Giza to search for larger city for trading. The other Caravel heads back to Apolytonia.

1856 - Exploring Caravel reveals unknown irrigation and Egyptian Engineer on coast. Settlers move toward new city sites. Utica Settler starts Road.

1857 - City of 'Rusicade' established, starts Temple. Exploring Caravel stops next to Zulu Destroyer and asks politely for directions to nearby cities. Explorer explores.

1858 - Arrogant Zulus run over Caravel and sink it. I told the crew not to laugh at any strange uniforms of people they might come across, but "NOOO"... If they hadn't drowned I'd have HAD them drowned (It was witnessed by a traveller). Apolytonia builds Bead Caravan, starts Caravel. Remaining Caravel arrives at port and loads Bead Caravan, heads west (seems unfriendly eastward). City of 'Gades' established, starts Temple. City of 'Rusucurru' established, starts Temple.

Explorer bumps into fellow Explorer, a Persian (Receptive); not expecting to find anyone in this desolate area. After a pleasent evening of roasted rabbits (provided by our Explorer)and pipe tobacco (provided by our Explorer), the Persian suddenly aims a metal rod at our Explorer and demands 350G in tribute. Our guy pulls his sword and refuses. The Persian hesitates and offers to sell secret of "Gunpowder" for 350G instead. After long and cautious negotiations (with demonstrations), our Explorer agrees. Bills of sales and promissary notes are drawn up and the Persian departs. Later that night, our Explorer wakes up and admires the starry sky briefly before realizing that the Persian came back and stole the tent!

Buy Rusicade Temple (76G) to get G balance below 50. Balance is 32G.

1859 - We discover Monotheism and start Warrior Code. Explorer find southern polar ice and returns north fearing isolation on the ice. Beads Caravel continues west.

1860 - Explorer moves north, Bead Caravel west.

1861 - Celts build Bach's. Bead Caravel moves west, still closest to Caralis. One Settler building Road.

1862 - Caravel is now closest to a city named 'Rhayader'. Explorer explores.

1863 - Apolytonia completes Caravel and Senate passes law against it being run over by Destroyers ($1,000G fine). Aploytonia starts Caravan in anticipation of soon-to-be-delivered Bead Caravan. Explorer completes survey of all western colony land, awaits new orders. Over 1/2 way to Warrior Code.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Colonies 1863:
    Attached Files
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

New Land 1863:
      Attached Files

Comment

BeadCaravel1863:
        Attached Files

Comment

CityStatus1863:
          Attached Files

Comment

Sience1863:
            Attached Files

Comment

Foreign1863:
              Attached Files

Comment

Demographics1863:
                Attached Files

Comment

Powergraph1863:
                  Attached Files

Comment

PowergraphFuture:
                    Attached Files

Comment

And the save?? Please don't forget the save.

Did you explore along the coast from Killdeer to Utica??

I can't believe you set all those cities building white goods all at the same time.

It usually works better, especially when other things are on the build list, to build major white goods one or two at a time; and only where there is enough cash to rush build them after a turn of regular building. If disaster strikes and our cities get jumped, we will have to switch to mil-units and half the accumulated shields will be wasted. Hopefully, all will be well.

Monk
                      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Awesome!

Now we have crooks, that can actually defend our cities.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Let's keep an eye on that GNP. If we are doing well, we should start to see that climb up from 6th.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

My thoughts on this session:

I think we gained a lot. We have new cities, we are constructing them to grow without unhappiness (to focus on population growth for shields for attacking units). We have explored the western colony land. We have gained researched tech and we have acquired an advanced one (Gunpowder). We have advanced in some Demographics categories.

The meeting of the Persian Explorer surprised me out on the unknown area. I would have expected contact with one of our cities first. I wish I had been able to spend down our gold to avoid the threat of war vs tribute, but we got away with that meeting without either. I hope you agree Gunpowder was worth the 350G. I made my best guess. I think it was a good deal, though I don't know how that affects our tech research possibilities.

We lost a Caravel, but we wanted to find larger and richer cities to trade with and exploring was the only way to find them. I regret the loss but it does happen.

We do have Crusaders and Musketeers available to us now. I think we should complete the Happiness infrastructure next before units, but that will be a subject of polls.

Comment

EgyptianCoast1863:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X