Consul - Cavebear

Foreign Minister - MWIA
    Minister of War - Sparrowhawk
    Minister of Science - Monk
    Minister of Trade - Sparrowhawk
    City Planner - Monk

The Ministers may now post polls!
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

I may be back in June, depending on my job status. If I'm working, I'll have home internet again and will be able to participate in Democracy games.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Welcome Back Ben!
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Welcome back OB1. May the force be with you!

Really, it is nice to see you here again...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Good luck with getting a nice job, Jedi. You have been buried in books too long.

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

FOREIGN MINISTER! Ag! Sorry - there was no election that I saw, so I forgot about it!

YAY! A position! Despite losing one almost by default and somehow not getting onto the ballot for another.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Not only a position, but a key one right now in my opinion...for a number of reasons:

- despite not having embassies, information is available on the other civs which we need to use to our advantage (various information screens)

- playing MPGE results in a more agressive AI, so when do we contact them and what approach do we take? (requesting tribute, asking to trade techs, other???) We want to get techs if possible, but we want to avoid war (until we are prepared says this Minister of War ) so do we avoid the nearest civs?, the more agressive civs?, the leaders?, or the civs lower then us on the Powergraph (right now the French only)?, or do we contact everyone (or no one), either not worrying about war or avoiding it at all cost?

I have many questions for the Foreign Minister to post on and sort out, I look forward to your poll (especially since both of my Ministries, Trade and War, are dependant on knowing where other civs are located, so maps would be very helpful).
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

My understanding of the MPGE diplomacy is that after 1750a, all the AI automatically hate us and mere contact can get a declaration of war. I fear the window for allies or maps has shut. We will see what we see when we bump into someone, but I have low expectations.

Monk

Comment

But a question for our Foreign Minister is should we wait until we "bump into someone" or should we initiate contact (and take the chance of war) on the chance we may be able to get something out of it which would benefit the Empire? Given the AI nature of initiating war and wanting peace soon after, I say we take the chance, talk to everyone and see if we can't get something out of it (tribute, maps, tech exchange, whatever).

Comment

Thanks all.

Things seem to be looking up over the last while.

I even had some company for church this morning.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                      But a question for our Foreign Minister is should we wait until we "bump into someone" or should we initiate contact (and take the chance of war) on the chance we may be able to get something out of it which would benefit the Empire? Given the AI nature of initiating war and wanting peace soon after, I say we take the chance, talk to everyone and see if we can't get something out of it (tribute, maps, tech exchange, whatever).
                      This seems like a good rule for our thumbs.

One thing to remember is, if possible, before making contact spend cash down to below 50g so that we don't get hit up for a tribute demand. Refusing tribute will nearly always cause them to declare war. On the other hand, since we have to maintain a spotless reputation, when we are ready to go to war, this is one way to get them to "start" the war.

Monk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                        Not only a position, but a key one right now in my opinion...for a number of reasons:

- despite not having embassies, information is available on the other civs which we need to use to our advantage (various information screens)

- playing MPGE results in a more agressive AI, so when do we contact them and what approach do we take? (requesting tribute, asking to trade techs, other???) We want to get techs if possible, but we want to avoid war (until we are prepared says this Minister of War ) so do we avoid the nearest civs?, the more agressive civs?, the leaders?, or the civs lower then us on the Powergraph (right now the French only)?, or do we contact everyone (or no one), either not worrying about war or avoiding it at all cost?

I have many questions for the Foreign Minister to post on and sort out, I look forward to your poll (especially since both of my Ministries, Trade and War, are dependant on knowing where other civs are located, so maps would be very helpful).
                        Sorry... guess I was away at quite the wrong time. It's a bit late for polls etc now, but I will try to figure out all this new 'black-clicking' etc stuff and see if I can pull together some info before the NEXT set of turns (I'd be lucky to get the time to do so tomorrow).
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                        X