Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we make a scenario of the map and adjust the techs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we make a scenario of the map and adjust the techs?

Take it as is with all the techs or leave it alone? I have saved the opening move as a scenario and eliminated all the techs. So which would we prefer to use?

PS - Can't seem to change "Carthaginians" to "Apolytonians", so we may have to just live with that.

Last edited by cavebear; January 15, 2004, 21:44.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Can't change the name? Why not? I thought we managed to do so for the last game (Imperium).

Scenario with adjusted/removed techs sounds fine to me. There's no functional difference from a new game on a new map.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

There is probably a way, but since I am utterly self-taught on scenario and map-making, there are things I haven't figured out yet. Maybe it can only be done during original construction of a map. If someone knows how, I'll be glad to either accept instruction or send my scenario to someone.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Can anyone remember who created our last map? They would be the one to ask.
        Consul.

Comment

Atomant

Comment

Not hard to delete the techs or change the names. Go to the cheat mode and open up the change ruler. It should also allow you to change the name of your home civ.

For techs, just go to edit technologies, and remove the offending techs.

After all your changes, save the game as a scenario, and this will remove the CHEAT MODE toggle. However, this will mean that we will have an 'Open' tech tree.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

After all your changes, save the game as a scenario, and this will remove the CHEAT MODE toggle. However, this will mean that we will have an 'Open' tech tree.
              I think it would be better to keep the restrictions on technology research and live with the cheat mode flag. After all there are so many other ways of cheating that we have to trust the government of the day until we throw the rascals out.

RJM at Sleeper's
              Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

There is a way of cheating that has been used by certain unscrupulous individuals in PBEM games in the past, that involves using the cheat mode, saving the game as a scenario and then altering the file so that it will not have the scenario flag and will play as a normal game. Will this mean that the game will play normally, or will it still have the open tech tree? I'm not an expert in PBEM, let alone in the nefarious methods used to cheat at it, but have come across reports of such underhand dealings, and hopefully they can be used to our advantage.

Otherwise, I'm happy with an open tech tree. Can we have a little taster of the treats to come with a sceenie of our island paradise please?
                Let's get down to work! If, er, that's all right with his great Hydeyness, the all-powerful despot sent to earth from heaven by the mods to bring light into the darkness of the Apolytonian race.

Comment

I'm not familiar with what "open tech tree" means.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                    I'm not familiar with what "open tech tree" means.
                    It means that we can research, at any given time, all techs we have the prereqs for. You will have certainly noticed (as any who was President would have) that this has not been the case in our last game. This would give us an advantage over the course of a regular game.
                    Consul.

Comment

Somply put you dont need the extra tech when shooting for mon.

Comment

yaroslav in the scenario section of apolyton has offered to hex edit the techs.

Whould you be willing to let him?
                        Wizards sixth rule:
                        "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                        Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Sure!

Comment

So open tech tree means that the game does not limit the choices you have when you select a new tech to research. OK, that makes sense, thanks.

Comment

Sorry for jumping into this thread. On Monday I go out of town for two days (Monday and Tuesday) so I won't be able to do the hex-editing thing until Wesneday. Send me a PM if you want me to do so

There is a little chance of me having enough free time tomorrow, so if the file is avalible tomorro, maybe I'll be able to hex-edit it
                              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
                              X