Turnchat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turnchat?

Would there be any interest in doing a turnchat during the day on Thursday to finish off this game?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Only if you start early

Comment

Why not the weekend?

I work during the week (Monday to Friday).

Comment

/me also works during the day (North American Time). I would be interested in this, but I can't exactly take time off work to participate
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Well, I'm lucky enough to not have a class on Thursday, so I would play during the afternoon here.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I've had some upheaval in my RL schedule. I am now going to be responsible for a display during the middle of the day on Thursday, so I will not be able to play during my usual session.

If we are planning this to be the final session, why don't we move this back to the weekend, either Friday night or Saturday day/night.

I live on the West Coast (GM -8), so a turnchat has to keep this in mind when adjusting for everyone.

Comment

Either of those days suits me. Just let me know a little ahead of time so I can be awake.

One question - are you proposing to do the entire session in a turnchat? These things take quite a while, don't they? If you just mean the last 2-3 turns that's certainly possible.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I have no experience doing a turnchat, so I am open to suggestions.

Since we have Aussies, Europeans, (ljcvetko), and Canadians I just want to figure out what time would work best for everybody. This will likely be a narrow range.

Aussies are GMT +12?
                Ljcvetko, you are GMT +1?

If I play say 4pm on Friday, that would be 11am in Oz, and 1am for poor ljcvetko.

Does that seem workeable or have I forgotten something?

Edit:

9 hours difference not 12 between the Euros and I.
                Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 19, 2003, 07:41.

Comment

All our Euros are GMT +1.

Everyone who would be willing to come to a turnchat should post in the thread.

Edit:

Again, GMT +1 is only 9 hours difference.
                  Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 19, 2003, 07:28.

Comment

Let the Euros stay up late on Saturday night, at 12pm. The folks in Oz would be up at 10am Sunday morning, The East Coast Canucks at 7pm, and I would have to play at 3pm Saturday Afternoon. This seems the best option of all the alternatives.

So we would go from 3-5pm Saturday Afternoon, GMT-8

Hopefully I haven't mixed up the times.

Edit:
                    GMT +12 for MWIA.

That's the only workeable option, since there are only 4hrs between me and MWIA, and 5hrs between the Euros and East Coast Canucks.
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; November 19, 2003, 07:39.

Comment

I would be interested, and I am only a two hour time difference from you Ben (Central), so that would work for me obviously.

(one note for MWIA, if he is the aussie you refer to, he is actually from New Zealand I believe..... which might be almost as bad as grouping me in with the "East Coast Canadians" )
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I realised that after, and I left it just to make fun of everybody.

Comment

A couple of hours earlier would be fine with me if that helps anyone - not like I have Friday night plans beyond staying up all night playing Conquests anyway.

Aussie?! I am not from the same place as Hydey!!!

Although,,, their cricket team is better than ours....
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Okay.

If we bump it back to 8am Sunday morning for the Kiwis, it would be 1pm for me, 5pm for the folks back East and 10pm for the Euros.

One advantage of the later time is that the folks from Oz would not start earlier than 8am. However, I have not heard from Hydey.

If Hydey wants to participate than we should keep the later date since I doubt he wants to get up at 6am.

What about all the Euros? Would a start at 12pm be acceptable for Saturday night, or would you prefer 10pm?

Comment

chat between turns
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X