Tales Of The Years: 1834-1842

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tales Of The Years: 1834-1842

Excellent sequence of turns! The end cannot be far away, given the opportunity, I think it quite likely that the Germans and Greeks both would lay down their arms and join the Imperium....unfortunately that cannot happen and we must bring about their re-education in other ways.

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    Briefly consider relocating palace to Obiwan, as per Cityplanner request.
    I am certain the people will understand your humbleness and unwillingness to make such a bold move .

81 cities = 162 engineers.

We currently have 60.
    While I share our President's desire for more engineers, we do not have a lot of food surplus, and I think it unlikely the we could support anywhere close to 162 engineers. However, I will continue to support the production of additional engineers if it continues to be the will of the people.

Americans insist upon audience, request a CEASEFIRE!

Now we can test ljcvetko's strategy to see if we can't topple the American democracy. We accept the Ceasefire. Bombay already in disorder this turn, so if the American's can't fix their city, their government will collapse.

Meet with Americans. Demand tribute. Honest Abe blows a gasket, declares war. American government remains in Democracy.

Well, guess we know the answer to the test. Now we need to flatten the Yanks.
    First of all, this was my suggestion, though I beleive ljcvetko voted in favour of it. (though as it has yet to work, perhaps you are right in giving him credit )

Having said that, I don't beleive we have given it a fair test. I think demanding tribute effectively gave the Americans an excuse to go to war without having the Democracy fall (I believe the same happens to a Human Democracy, any act of agressive gives the human the opportunity to go to war without penalty...without having the government fall). Seems almost as though it is a moot point however, as we have successfully destroyed the Americans with minimal loss of our units. I would like to see this tried with the Greeks still, particularly if we are going to concentrate on the Germans first.

/me the pleased city planner
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

If the AI can have a city perpetually in disorder and still remain in a democracy, why would their senate call for an election after a sneak attack?

I agree, we won't need that many engineers. Just a faint hope at the beginning of the turn.

As for credit, you did suggest the strategy in the first place.

Think you could get up a poll tonight? I'd like to play Thursday if possilbe.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

yeah for us.
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Perhaps the idea would work if we offerred the Greeks a ceace-fire while building our RR connections and collecting units in the area. If *they* break a cease-fire *on their own*, perhaps it would trigger the desired government collapse.

We could always break it on our own (when we are ready) on our own (like we care about our reputation).

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
          X