Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November nominations

Only 10 days to go untill november.

Who will be the President and Ministers who will lead our civ to absolute power over all lands on this planet?

President: Ben Kenobi, shade

Minister of War: atawa

Minister of Science: Six Thousand Year Old Man

Foreign Minister: ljcvetko

City planner: Sparrowhawk

Historian??:

Sign your name below if you want to run in the next elections.
    Last edited by atawa; October 28, 2003, 11:57.

I do not wish to run for any office in the next term.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

this month has proved to me I am not a suitabe minister anymore

Comment

/me would like to nominate Ben Kenobi for President (whom I beleive is the longest current active member of the Democracy Game who has never before been President...of this or any of the previous Demo Games)

Here's hoping that he accepts, and that he has a cabinet to work with (though early results of the requests for nominations do not look promising)
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I second the idea. Ben Kenobi seems to know more about celebrating cities than most of us, and that could be very helpful. Whether he has the drive to conquer the world and manage government is something only he can know.

I suspect he could do it...
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
            this month has proved to me I am not a suitabe minister anymore
            OK, Science Minister was not your best job. Don't beat yourself up about it. Go for what you are good at. I do appreciate that you tried to help out when I asked you to.

Cavebear

Comment

4 days, and no one has volunteered to take any administration duty? This is not good...

C'mon folks, this is your golden opportunity to try your hand at leadership. It's not fatal, nor is it really all that difficult. We can't just have the same few people like me at the helm of government each month!

I'm not going to serve in office this next term. Someone else do it or it won't get done!

Comment

I can take on Science Minister... nothing more intensive than that, due to time constraints.
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

OK, we have a Science Minister candidate. Now how about a President, Minister of War, and City-Planner?

Step right up folks, it takes only a statemnt from you to announce your candidacy and it is routine to self-nominate here.

We have a mighty army, gold out the wazoo, and we can't help but win. If it is just a matter of uncertainity of doing screenshots, I can help with that.

Comment

[QUOTE[Originally posted by Zedd

Here are those members who have posted since 9-12-03 (this date has no particular signifficance other than that was as far as I was able to search.)

-JRabbit
                    atawa
                    Ben Kenobi
                    CannonFodder
                    Cavebear
                    MrWhereItsAt
                    rjmatsleepers
                    shade
                    Six Thousand Year Old Man
                    Sparrowhawk
                    Zedd
                    [/QUOTE]

For the purposes of nominations.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

So, decide on an office and run for it!

And I mean you MWIA!

And anyone else....

Comment

Two nominations.

I just have one concern, posting screenshots. I did some this summer, but now I have a different computer. I have posted some in the last while but they have been difficult to read.

I have Paint and an image editor, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Notwithstanding the screenshots, I'm most happy to stand the election for president.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I've done all my screenshots with Paint. It's not that hard. I'll be glad to help you through the process.

Comment

I am pleased to see that BK has accepted the Presidential nomination

Please add the name of Sparrowhawk for the position of City Planner, though one thing first...I am unsure of my time committments this month, and even more unsure of my abilities to be City Planner.

Therefore, if anyone else out there wants the job, please submit your name, you will have my vote (and it would be good to see at least one contested election this month).

btw, though atomant has not been around in quite some time, as the map is almost completely revealed, would he now be eligible to submit his name for election? (I would think so.....anyone else have an opinion on what is likely a moot point anyhow, as he is not likely to return in time for elections )
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Good luck to those who put their hands up .
                              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                              X