The choice of explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The choice of explorer

Now that we have alpine, we might want to reconsider our choice of primary explorer.

Are we going to continue to explore with fanatics and diplos, or do we employ fast alpine?
    Yes, start building alpines in border cities!
    50.00%
    Build an alpine or two when urgent scouting is needed.
    33.33%
    Keep exploring with diplos, fanatics cause alpines are simply too expensive.
    0.00%
    Explore with all troops at our disposal.
    16.67%
    Explore with explorers only.
    0.00%
    Stop exploring and have a banana.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Alpines are the single best exploring units on land. Let us build some in selected cities!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

With all these mountains and rugged terrain, we should start building a few more skiers.

Plus, they are tough to kill.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

IIRC Alpine take even more shields than Rifles/Fanatics. Do we really have many cities that can build them in a reasonable time? Granted they would be useful to double as distractions/defenders at the various fronts, but can we spare the expense?

Without further info I would say let us build a few, but no more than 5-6.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
        X