SMC: some random ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMC: some random ideas

We are still 2 American cities short of the complete set. We accidentally found Kansas City but I don't think our enlightened President send out some scouts in that area to take a look around? If he hasn't done already it might be a good idea. Maybe we get lucky and find an other city...it looks to me the Americans might have wanted to start growing agian in that area...

about those pesky Greek...
    1) there are 2 cities North of our Cannae and Stuttgart I suggest we try to take those down to contain their country in an area we controll the borders of.(Mytilene and Issus)

2) to explore their territory why not use Alpinetroops?
    (they have 3 moves always)(combo with diplo?)
    they have the highest defence possible atm and will always be able to be fortified with our diplo.
    so my suggestion would be to build some Alpine troops in Rhodos and Argos and go explore the black void.

The American Walled cities are becomming a little problem, we can't just keep trying to knock them down by throwing horsemeat and diplo's at them.
    Myabe we could start using the surrounding-tactic as an official tactic for those cities(in Rep/Demo): surround the city and deprive them of shields and take them down next turn with our troops.

About technology...I have no idea how long it will take before we find an other usefull military tech...so I will not ask any science beakers...use them for celebrations or something, but the SMC office doesn't see any usefull techs in the near future.(four techs minimum)

On the other hand more units will be needed.(we will lose a lot of them against those germans and greek and those walled cities.) Also would i suggest to stop building Cannon and switch that to Cavalry, they have the same attack strength but 3 defence and 2 movementpoints.

Shade
    Attached Files
    A) go explore the area north of the road to Bombay(don't want the americans to use it and attack our cities connected to the railnet
    20.00%
    A) you're seeing ghosts...go away you paranoid SMC
    2.86%
    B) take over those 2 greek cities so their country gets pinpointed a bit better
    22.86%
    B) leave those cities
    0.00%
    C) Use Alpine Troops(build them in Argos and Rhodos) to uncover the black near greece(and maybe send diplo's with them)
    22.86%
    C) no need for those expensive 3 move units, our fanatics are good enough
    0.00%
    D) stop building cannons and start building Cavalry instead
    22.86%
    D) keep building Cannons we can upgarde them in a far future when we dominate the world.
    0.00%
    E) the thinking Banana :idea:
    8.57%

The poll is expired.

ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

those greek cities:
    Attached Files
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

the area we could explore with Alpine troops
      Attached Files

Comment

Essentially I agree on all points
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Re: SMC: some random ideas

Originally posted by shade
          the SMC office doesn't see any usefull techs in the near future.(four techs minimum)
          This is basically the only point I am not so sure I agree with. Espionage is three techs away (Industrialism which we are researching...and so are the Greeks, Communism & Espionage). With all the walled cities as mentioned, and the bribery we desire to do, it seems it would be beneficial to have all our existing Diplomats upgrade to Spies, and all of our new Spies have a chance at surviving a diplomatic mission.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I agree on all suggestions as well.

I have not re-explored the area north of the Road to Bombay. We came across Kansas City strictly by accident. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there were other American cities north of that road. Of course it might be that each American city we know of has set up 1 new one nearby.

I think having some Alpine troops would be good in many places. Not only for exploring with strength, but for scouting ahead of our advancing troops. They could move 2 squares *and* fortify if they discover an enemy unit. We have had a real problem with our units moving only 1 square across mountains only to find themselves facing a Cannon (boom!, dead). That has really slowed our progress.

I have been changing Cannon to Cavalry, though I see some remain in production. We definately want to correct that!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Re: Re: SMC: some random ideas

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
              This is basically the only point I am not so sure I agree with. Espionage is three techs away (Industrialism which we are researching...and so are the Greeks, Communism & Espionage). With all the walled cities as mentioned, and the bribery we desire to do, it seems it would be beneficial to have all our existing Diplomats upgrade to Spies, and all of our new Spies have a chance at surviving a diplomatic mission.
              I agree on the spies...but I just wonder if we could make it in those 3 techs...
              (but then again science isn't my department, just stated that I have no explicit requests anymore,our type of units should suffice)

Shade

Comment

If the AI reaches Espionage, I think we should aquire the technology.

No need to research it ourselves.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I find it interesting that we are going to end up conquering the world with Cavalry once again...
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                  Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the SMC is paranoid?
                    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                    Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                    Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                    Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
                      Am I the only one who thinks the SMC is paranoid?
                      No you aren't alone

btw I wouldn't be 100% sure about those cavalry...

Comment

I found myself agreeing on everything:[list][*]best to check that area - can never be too careful[*]if we leave either of those Greek cities then units can creep up to what we have and sit pretty on Mountains - and then be hell to try and remove![*]the extra movement of Cavalry is just going to help us SO much in a huge land game where our RR is not global yet[*]yes to building a scant few Alpine Troops and using them to scout ahead - just not too many unless our production can take it
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

orders have been dispatched to our mighty leader.

Comment

Working...
                          X