No announcement yet.

SMC office 1824AD: Zulu wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or bribe Bapedi first and use a unit in there to kill the cannon? (or use the dip to bribe the cannon...which may cost more then bribing the city), that saves us one move either way, and I am not sure of all of those moves either, but most should be possible, depending on the order we do them in. The problem is if not all are possible, the plan fails (as the units will be supported from the remaining squares)
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
      Redraw the map maybe?

too lazy, need to get the cd from my pc upstairs(this pc has MGE patch and doesn't want to work without cd).
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Take your time. I'm sure you will find yourself upstairs eventually...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Build the railroad, and pound cannons/calvary into the city. I don't think we need to wait for the diplomats to take down the walls.

However, do investigate the garrison before making a decision.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Our President has already done so, and the current contingent is: 3 Riflemen, 1 Phalanx, and 1 Archer

Tale of the Years

Unless a lot of time passes before we attack (I hope next turn ) then we should not need to investigate again.
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

If we can take out those shields, then by all means we should. It will make it much, much easier to finish off the city if we do. We should go for it.

As for bribing, I think waiting till the capital is out of the picture is a good idea. I have a question though: Can the Zulus move their capital if we capture it?
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
              Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
              Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

No, their cash total is too feeble.

And we might want to wait for the wall softeners, 3 riflemen is pretty good defense against Cavalry.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I love the shield starve plan. It's an MP taunting tactic.

But what is the status of their government? If they can go into a revolution and change to fundy then our starving their shields will not end up costing them any units. I know that the AI won't think of this, but if they did then they'd be able to change with no anarchy.

Comment

The Zulus have not yet discovered Fundamentalism.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Erm, is it too late to cast the deciding vote? I would go for the starvation idea, then attack. If we are having success, then wait until we have Zimbabwe, but if not and it looks like it will take more units/sabotage, just bribe the city.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

orders are send... and the shieldstarving-plan is a go

Shade
                        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
                        X