How should we treat our big cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should we treat our big cities?

Some of our cities have grown and they have much food surplus. Do we build aqueducts, sewer systems or do we build engineers?

I say we build aqueducts on the river network and in our core, and the rest engineers.
    Build aqueducts/sewer systems in all cities that grow to 8/12.
    37.50%
    Build aqueducts/sewer systems only in the cities on the river network. In other cities build engineers.
    25.00%
    Don't build any aqueducts! We need engineers to expand! And aqueducts are expensive!
    25.00%
    Sell all aqueducts and build engineers like crazy!
    0.00%
    Who needs aqueducts when we have bananas?
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

As a civ-builder at heart, I hate to see our cities lose the chance to grow by not having Aqueducts/Sewers, especially when we have no unhappiness problems when they grow.

When we get bonuses on our trade arrows for being a Fundie Govt and we are living off our income for bribery, it seems to me that anything we can do to increase trade is worthwhile. New Workers are a great way to do that in many of of cities.

We have a large military force, so the city infrastructure is a good thing to focus on in *most* cities for a while. Let us build, so that the contributions of our isolated and far-flung cities are maximized!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Bah.

We have the food, we ought to be cranking out Engineers rather than playing the pansy perfectionist.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Bah.

We have the food, we ought to be cranking out Engineers rather than playing the pansy perfectionist.

Actually, Engineers would allow us to be perfectionists FASTER. Since we have the food, how about we do both: increase our engineer production to more quickly develop our cities, and construct growth infrastructure to take advantage of the terrain improvements?
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
        Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
        Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

How about we build loads of engineers and use them ALL to build the RAILWAY OF DEATH straight into the heart of the German empire?!!!

Railway of Death is a registered copyright of Duke Inc. All rights reserved.

Comment

Option 2 with modification

This perfectionist voted option 2, but really aquaducts need to be built in all of our large cities that already have improvements to get the most out of population growth.

It takes too long to grow above 12 for Sewers to be worthwhile except on the river network, where we should be building roads to double our trade and mining hidden specials.

Speaking of which, I'm downright puzzled by the outlier Wine (West of Philly). No matter which way you project the standard patterns nothing fits. I don't see anywhere else on the map that has an irregularity… is the Wine near the map boundary?
            Attached Files
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

aquaducts in cities that will be size 8 but build engineers as often as possible. It's my experience that cities that are growing will grow faster than you produce engineers unless you rush them. I would prefer to save the $$ for bribing
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Re: Option 2 with modification

Originally posted by Straybow

Speaking of which, I'm downright puzzled by the outlier Wine (West of Philly). No matter which way you project the standard patterns nothing fits. I don't see anywhere else on the map that has an irregularity… is the Wine near the map boundary?
                The Wine is at 196,22.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                X