Russians:

2 cities, St. Petersburg/Moscow

Researching Conscription.

Zulus

Researching Physics.

10 cities

340 Gold and a Republic

Allied with Americans and Russians.

Greeks are in Monarchy, 540 gold Allied with Germans.
    No contact with Americans.
    32 cities.

Americans:
    10 cities,
    In Republic with 397 gold. Researching conscription.

Germans:

4220 Gold, researching Economics. 15 cities

Now, I have to state, the Germans have become our second strongest, while the Americans have fallen to third, not far from the Zulus in power.

We have 1974 gold in our treasury.

Here's the order that I suggest we bribe.

Detroit, we have a diplomat right outside the city.

Boston/Philadelphia/St. Louis with Dips from Washington and Styx.

However, I want to hear what the people have to say? If we don't have enough cash for all cities, what would their priorities be?
    Detroit
    17.65%
    New York
    20.59%
    Philadelphia
    14.71%
    Boston
    20.59%
    Other American cities
    14.71%
    Another civ, specify below
    5.88%
    I have a better plan
    2.94%
    Bribe their bananas for our Daquiri supply
    2.94%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

start with Bombay(so there are only be American cities left in the north)

Detroit can come last(there is an army approaching they could never survive...) but if we still have the cash after buying whatever we want (and the attack hasn't started yet) we can still bribe them and use it as base for that army.

Shade
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Greeks have 30+ cities? Looks like they will be our grand finale. We will surround them from all directions when the are the last left, and that will be the battle we have truly been searching for in this game. The Americans will be only the appetizer to the true climax. The other civs will be only the collection points for more cities and converted military units!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I suspect the Germans will outlast the Greeks, but we will have to wait and see.
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Bribe Bombay. It is far from the other American cities, we don't have an army near there, and an enemy city should be eliminated from within our midst.

Bombay:
          Attached Files
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

It will take us several turns to reach Bombay, we can bribe New York this turn.

Remember our cash will increase every turn.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I support bribing New York and Boston this turn and Detroit next turn.

The more cities on the river network we take away from the Americans, the weaker they become.

So, Boston is a priority by my standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                It will take us several turns to reach Bombay, we can bribe New York this turn.

Remember our cash will increase every turn.
                1 maximum 2, the units can still move this turn.
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

The Greeks are poor, so I suggest we commit resources to locate the city of Pharsalos (my guess just south of Mycenae) and BRIBE IT.

As soon as we have captured and secured Sun Tzu we must sell all baracks and gain 720 plus 36 per turn savings.

And all our units are vets

Comment

Agreed.

Sun Tzus will help us conquer the world.

However, once we establish railroad connections, we could shuttle units to the Greeks much more quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ljcvetko
                      The Greeks are poor, so I suggest we commit resources to locate the city of Pharsalos (my guess just south of Mycenae) and BRIBE IT.

As soon as we have captured and secured Sun Tzu we must sell all baracks and gain 720 plus 36 per turn savings.

And all our units are vets
                      This new plan sounds great.....

As a non-save viewing member of the public, but therefore an annoying member of the Imperium who must be kept happy at all times lest he desire to start a religious-led schism, it would be great to focus on the Germans with our military, so we can steal all the more gold to aid in our bribery of other cities. Can this be done? If not, when can it be done, and why not sooner?

PS Plus I also support taking Bombay ASAP(ractical) as well.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                        I suspect the Germans will outlast the Greeks, but we will have to wait and see.
                        They should, they are in Fundi with Mike and are therefore making tons of money.

I like the plan of bribing SunTsu a lot

Comment

Here’s the analysis into how much Pharsalos may cost.

Assume that Greeks will have 1000 gold at the time we attempt to bribe Pharsalos.
                          Being the sixth town, it is likely that Pharsalos is at least 8 squares away from Athens.
                          Its size is probably 12.

The price for Pharsalos would be: 2172.
                          We must have this sum or greater available when we approach Pharsalos.

I say we buy it even if we have to sell all barracks to do it.

Comment

I voted for all the American cities options, but I also like bribing the Greek City of Pharsalos (assuming we find it ).

I believe that we should be close to wiping out the Americans on our next sequence of turns if we focus our bribery on them.

The Germans, Russians, Zulus and Greeks will come soon enough. Please continue to keep us informed as to what government the ever changing AI are in.

/me Citizen of the Apolyton Imperium (and former Foreign Minister )
                            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Seeking out Pharsalos to get Sun Tzu would certainly mean we wouldn't need Barracks any more. But if it is in the midst of the Greek ciities, we had better arrive there in force and be prepared to build City Walls from scratch in one turn (320 gold).

It would be like kicking over an anthill, but I have to admit it would be fun to fight them off and bleed their army dry in the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X