October Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Cabinet

The elections have been completed and some vacancies have been filled.

President - Cavebear
    Vice-Prez - atawa

Minister of War - Shade
    City-Planner - ljcvetko
    Foreign Minister - Ben Kenobi
    Minister of Science - H Tower

Last edited by cavebear; October 3, 2003, 10:01.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Re: October Cabinet

Originally posted by HTower
    i suppose this is a good as place as any to volunteer for any open government position, i finally have internet again and will be around much more than previously
    Originally posted by HTower
    Well, isn't there another contested position? I'll let the loser of that take his pick since he actually went through the whole election process.
    I think HTower has made it quite clear he is willing to accept whatever ministerial position is available.

/me offering his two cents worth
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I know, but I need to him accept the specific one offerred. I can't force the specific Minister of Science position on him.

Besides, there are the political formalities to be attended to. He offers his general willingness to serve. I accept and offer a particular position. He accepts the duties. I thank him for it, and praise his patriotism and selflessness. He promises to do his best, etc, etc, etc.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

+1

I accept

Comment

well, my post is completely worthless, 40 turns to research something? We might as well sell the libraries and university and disband the science position.

upon first glance it seems like we hava ll the tech lead we'll need to finish off the AI.

Comment

The post is not worthless. We can do some things to improve the science rate (improving terrain use, for example). And changing our tax rate would cut the research time almost in half at the cost of only 100 gold per turn (and there are ways of improving gold income at the same time.

Some civ might even research Tactics for us (so we could steal it). We need you to consider these possibilities and help us know in advance what techs to research next when opportunity presents itself.

I know from experience that one of the most uncertain things the President must do is to choose a tech to research without benefit of polls and discussion when that "What Tech Next" screen pops up, because you can't examine things when it does.

Please post a poll to discuss the next techs to research. Sure, we *may* not need to know this next session, but why take the chance?

Comment

Why don't you post a poll on whether or not the people want to develop tactics, or wait for one of the AI to develop the tech for us? This way we can rachet up the trade and possibly induce celebrations under Fundamentalism.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
              X