Attacking Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacking Washington

The original plan was to strike Washington with Diplomats (to take down the City Walls) and then assault it with Cannons to kill the defenders. We don't have any Diplomats yet, and it would take several sessions to build or deliver enough for that plan to work.

An alternative would be to simply blast the defenders through the City Walls with Cannons and then assualt the survivors with the Musketeers or Fanatics who accompany the Cannons to protect them.

Vet Cannons will not usually kill Musketeers in City Walls, but they will weaken them almost to death. The American Musketeers are all upgrades from Leo's, so they won't be Vets. If we had a Cannon with a Musketeer or Fanatic for each defending city defender Musketeer (the best the Americans have at the moment), we should be able to take Washington. I expect the Americans have 3 or 4 Musketeers in every core city; and they might have a Cannon or 2 (but they lost a lot attacking Sheol).

My conclusion is that we can capture the city with Cannon faster than waiting for enough Diplomats to take out the City Walls. I think we need 5 pairs and a Diplomat to investigate the city before we attack.

Thoughts?
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Washington is currently building Eifel witch should only work in our advantage.

We have 4 vet cannons in the west and 3 cannons (2 vets) in Sheol with another one being build.

I would say use all 8 cannons in the attack, they should have no more then 4 regular Musks so this way we know for sure we'll capture it in one turn.

We can take 1-2 musks from Sheol and the musk from the fort north of Boston for cover.
    (We have more units comming in from the west who can take the open spot in the fort.)
    Attached Files

Comment

Just make sure that they don't get conscription. If that happens we will need to take down the city walls.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Moving units over the hills from Sheol sounds good,but how will we adequately protect the Cannons N of Boston on their way to the White House?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I posted this pic on the Boston thread, but it really belongs here:
          Attached Files
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            Moving units over the hills from Sheol sounds good,but how will we adequately protect the Cannons N of Boston on their way to the White House?
            Just dont come too close to Boston and send along a dip to bribe any opposing unit. We can also have our Crusader watch our flank while we move the units.

Comment

I posted this in the boston thread but it applys here. During the session the PResident made the remark that there was alot of enemy activity around Seol, Do we have another unit besides the Diplo that can scout ahead of the cannons? I would hate to loose 4 cannons to a american knight. (its happened )
              Wizards sixth rule:
              "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
              Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

The Cannon in Sheol should change to a Diplomat so it can watch 2 tiles ahead of our moving Cannon.
                Last edited by cavebear; September 23, 2003, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                X