Changing Governments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Governments?

It seems clear from a number of polls and threads, particularly the Science poll where we decided to go for Fundamentalism next, that we are all ready for a change in Government. However, I feel I must ask (and I don't think I am stepping on anyones turf here, I read somewhere that it is the Foreign Minister's job to suggest Government change :P)....

Do we change to Fundamentalism on the first oedo year after we discover Fundamentalism, or do we wait until some later point in time? (and please post below what this appropriate point in time is in your opinion.

I believe that we should change as soon as possible, as Fundamentalism should solve many of our problems (and the only negative I know of is a poor science rate, but given our current science rate, that doesn't bother me ), if you think otherwise, please say so now!

/me Foreign Minister
    On the first Turn it is discovered, we should canonize King atawa
    9.09%
    On the first oedo year after it is discovered
    81.82%
    I kinda have grown to like Monarchy, lets stay with that the rest of the game (not really, we can poll again later ;) )
    0.00%
    Banaentalism, just be careful you don't slip on the tithes
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

"Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Found it...
    Originally posted by HTower

Foriegn Minister's Responsibilities
    -All foreign affairs, use of diplomats/spies and government change

btw, it looks like Cavebear and atawa were right in the other thread, but if you don't tell them, I won't (and either way, I will still give anyone and everyone a hard time whenever the opportunity arises )
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Though choice

Comment

Definately on an Oedo year!
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Anarchy or Monarchy?

Big choice.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

No, Fundie. No unhappiness, no shield support...
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

What's the difference between getting it the first turn possible and waiting for an Oedo year.

And what IS an Oedo year, whilst we're at it?
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

An Odeo year is a year you can change gouverment.
                This happens only 1 out of every 4 turns so changing the moment we get it could result in us being in anarchy for a couple of turns.

Comment

Allow me to rephrase the saying:

"I learn several new things (about Civ2) every day......"
                  Consul.

Comment

MWIA: You should hang out in the Strategy forum more

Yes, Fundy Fundy FUNDY all the way.

There are merits to Communism and Democracy in a normal game, but in a game with a conquest goal and no wonders allowed, Fundy is the best choice.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Officially this poll still has the remainder of the North American day yet to go, however, as our President is ready and able to play tonight, and all other polls are closed and I beleive reports submitted, I am announcing this one closed, feel free to vote in the remaining time, but I suspect the results will not change in the remaining hours (as the current results are fairly conclusive).

I hope I have not inconvienenced anyone, but in the interests of keeping the game moving I feel this is necessary.

/me Foreign Minister

Comment

/me votes quickly
                        Consul.

Comment

Working...
                        X