MoW Poll: Sheol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoW Poll: Sheol

The Americans seem intent on attacking Sheol. First Catapaults, now Cannons and support units. The approaching Cannon has a hidden unit; a defensive one if they are smart. They have Gunpowder, so it could be a Musketeer, but it might be something less (even a 2nd Cannon)

How do we want to defend Sheol?
    Attached Files
    A. Defend from within the city
    14.29%
    A. Attack the units that approach
    57.14%
    A. Move a Musketeer to the hill
    14.29%
    A. Sneak out at night and fill the Cannon with bananas
    0.00%
    B. Continue building the Barracks
    0.00%
    B. Change to City Walls and Rushbuild
    14.29%
    B. Convert to an Attack or Defense unit (name your choice)
    0.00%
    B. Listen to the Voices of the Bananas in your head
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Arggghhh! I keep forgetting the multiple choice option.

Rather than redoing it, vote the A choice and indicate the B choice in a post. I'll add them up at the end!

Sheol has 30 of 40 shields worked to Barracks.

Sheol:
    Attached Files
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Cavebear:

We have 3 musketeers in the city.

Therefore, the best thing we could do is to rush a cannon to smite the cannon.

There is no need for city walls or a barracks.

Remember the Yanks have Leo's workshop, so all of their defensive units will be musketeers.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

But we have 30 shields dedicated to infrastructure. Do we want to lose have of them by converting production to a Cannon?

Comment

Better to hold the city and lose production, rather than losing the city with the improvements.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

obiwan speaks sense... we should trust him.... I have already seen his credentials and they are in order...

Defending against Cannon(s), even with Muskets, is not a great option. Rushing a Cannon seems to be the best option, and attacking before they can get at us.

For cavebear's benefit:

Attack before they get to us and
            Rush a Cannon to attack them with.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

B: Convert to an Attack or Defense unit (name your choice)

an attack unit: cannon, we'll need to build one anyway so we can take out defensive unit's approaching if needed, or a diplo(if they are any use in defending against bribery?)

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

The approaching Cannon has a hidden unit
                How do you know that

What about this aproach:

Rushbuild the barracks, then next turn attack the cannon with the vet Musk, if it wins disband the other supported musk (not a vet) and rush a vet cannon (there will be musketeers comming over soon)

A vet Musk would kill a regular cannon easy while attacking a musk on hills with a regular cannon is risky at best.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

How do you know that
                  You can tell by the shadow in unit display. The Cannon has a shadow and therefore has a unit accompanying it (similar to our Muskateer in our city).

The other cannon on the other hand, is alone (no shadow).

Now if only we could tell what type of unit was accompanying the cannon, that would help!

/me Foreign Minister
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

You can tell by the shadow in unit display. The Cannon has a shadow and therefore has a unit accompanying it (similar to our Muskateer in our city).

Now if only we could tell what type of unit was accompanying the cannon, that would help!

* Sparrowhawk Foreign Minister
                    I never noticed that

The best unit they can have is a Musk witch probably wont be a vet since they have leo's and its pretty far from their city's anyway. A vet cannon will kill that easy, a normal cannon could get tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

What other Cannon?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

What other Cannon?
                        Oops, I meant Chariot, that's what I get for posting without checking out the image close enough
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

I never noticed that
                          That's one of the great things about the Demo games, we learn stuff all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X