MoW Poll: Phlegethon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoW Poll: Phlegethon

The underhanded Americans have bribed some treasonous money-grubbers of our city to join their civ. This outrage should be go unanswered!

How should we respond to this outrage?
    Attack with force
    0.00%
    Bribe them back
    85.71%
    Ignore the rebels
    14.29%
    Squish bananas into the gate locks
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Phlegethon:
    Attached Files
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Bribe 'em back.

Once we're Fundy.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Plenty is building a Crusader, but could build a Diplomat in 1 turn with no shield waste. It could arrive at Phlegethon in 2 turns.

Comment

How much will the city cost?
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I don't know of a way to tell the cost of bribing. Is there one?

Comment

Estimate based on the distance and the size. How far away is the American capital? Since the city is a size one, it should not cost much at all.

Comment

And it used to be our city, doesn't that also divide the cost in half?

/me Foreign Minister
                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

There's a thread in the strategy forum.

I'll see if I can't find the thread.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about Phlegethon until we're in Fundy - except that we want to make sure that no other bribing occurs. We should recapture or destroy the city, but be on guard for bribe attempts on the cities to the east.
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I would even suggest to bribe it back before we become Fundi, chances are they will use it as base to build new diplo's and try to bribe plenty & co.

(there could be an other option instead of changeing production: rush this cruc(41G) then rush a diplo(200G?) and use 2 Xin-turns to get the needed gold, cost of Phlegethon would be very low
                      1) It was our city
                      2) distance: (16,20)-->(96,90) ==> 106 distance?(pythagoras)
                      3) Size1 => attacking would destroy it so it's beter to bribe
                      )

Shade
                      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I agree with bribing the city, we can build a dip in Plenty next turn, we can also build a crusader in Famine next turn to assist in patrolling our borders for further American incursions.

Comment

Working...
                        X