Three paths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three paths

Last turnset we got another technology, Conscription.

We are currently researching Fundamentalism. What should our next technology be?

Explosives -> Engineers
    Steam Engine -> on the path to RailRoad
    Leadership -> on the path to tactics.

Three good techs, three good choices.

I made a mistake last poll, Amphibious Warfare requires Tactics.
    Explosives, dynamite dashes dasterdly diggers
    80.00%
    Steam Engine, steam stuns sturdy sails
    10.00%
    Leadership, Generals grind grounded gunners
    10.00%
    Forgot a tech
    0.00%
    Banana daquiris.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 10, 2003, 19:32.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Explosives. Fall-back to Leadership.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
    Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by CannonFodder
      Explosives. Fall-back to Leadership.
      Ditto. Explosives will let us lay the paths that the Dragoons will ride upon, faster.
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

With the map we're playing on we need some fast roadbuilders.

Comment

As I posted in the Foreign Ministry screenshots thread, the American are now researching Steam Engine, so perhaps if they next research Railroad, we can get them to research some of our techs for us .

Either way, we should know by the time we complete Fundamentalism and Explosives if Railroad is available for stealing (I mean, allowing their Imperium sympathists to teach it to us ).

That way, we can skip over researching Steam Engine and Railroad, and move on to the path to Tactics which can be used to smite all of those that oppose us.

/me Foreign Minister
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
            As I posted in the Foreign Ministry screenshots thread, the American are now researching Steam Engine, so perhaps if they next research Railroad, we can get them to research some of our techs for us
            My kind or research

We can go for Steam after Explosives, then just before we research it steal it from Americans and get RR on the next turn.

(That is if the Americans dont have RR themselves by then, as we are approaching Fundi techrate will most likely go up )

Comment

Which is why I prefer to bypass Steam if we can, and go to Leadership after Explosives, and then steal Railroad from the Americans. Any techs we don't have to research help our discovery rate.

/me Foreign Minister
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                Which is why I prefer to bypass Steam if we can, and go to Leadership after Explosives, and then steal Railroad from the Americans. Any techs we don't have to research help our discovery rate.

* Sparrowhawk Foreign Minister
                The MoW agrees with the FM, Explosives fir the Engineers, then Leadership for Dragoons.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                X