Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whack a minister!

Sorry, I've been away.

I still don't have my new computer up and running.

However, I can still do a science poll.

We have several sciences available once we develop conscription.

1. Fundamentalism
    2. Leadership
    3. Steam Engine
    4. Amphibious Warfare.
    5. Explosives

So pick which one you favour.
    Amphibious warfare: Marines mulch mighty Man'o'wars
    11.11%
    Steam Engine: stubborn ships sink steadily
    0.00%
    Fundamentalism: Fearful fanatics foist foibles.
    88.89%
    Leadership: Lofty legends lunge lightly
    0.00%
    Explosives: Eager engineers earn eats.
    0.00%
    I'm an absent minded professor and forgot a tech.
    0.00%
    Banana (Amphib warfare II) ;)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Re: Whack a minister!

Originally posted by obiwan18
    Sorry, I've been away.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Where's your mallet?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Can someone estimate how much longer it might take to research in Fundy vs our curent Xinning? If we are really crippled that badly in Fundy compared to now, perhaps we should consider getting one or two of those juicy Explosives/Leadership type techs before going Fundy.

Although, I guess we can flip in and out of Fundy in the same turn to test that later. And we don't need to go top Fundy the exact time we research it, do we?

Fundy first!
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          Can someone estimate how much longer it might take to research in Fundy vs our curent Xinning? If we are really crippled that badly in Fundy compared to now, perhaps we should consider getting one or two of those juicy Explosives/Leadership type techs before going Fundy.

Although, I guess we can flip in and out of Fundy in the same turn to test that later. And we don't need to go top Fundy the exact time we research it, do we?

Fundy first!
          IIRC it was some 25 turns (pure science without dominion, starting from zero, I guess some 20turns from this point, or 30 when we make some necessary cash in the mean while)
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I estimate around 17-18 when only Xinning for science.

Getting other techs before fundi will slow us down considerably

Comment

I'd have to play around with the xinning, before I could give you a definitive answer.

We would also need to play around with the taxation to maximise science, given the need for evil elvii to maintain order.

could we run a temporary deficit, and sell some improvements ( I know we are running on the bare minimum,) or would that prove counterproductive? By selling the improvements, we could gain a temporary cash infusion to cover our years of deficits.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                I'd have to play around with the xinning, before I could give you a definitive answer.
                I did (some time ago ) and my results were 11turns and 18 turns this combined to 13turns for 1 tech pure science

It could never be 17 or 18 turns total...our best rate is 10 turns(which we can only use every 2 turns)

could we run a temporary deficit, and sell some improvements ( I know we are running on the bare minimum,) or would that prove counterproductive? By selling the improvements, we could gain a temporary cash infusion to cover our years of deficits.
                sell like what? our temples or our markets/libs in Xin-cities
                (we don't have much to sell(all our barracks got solled not that long ago))

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
                X