Military Action Revisited, Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Action Revisited, Part 2

We previously decided to attack the Americans. Subsequent discussion has suggested some problems with that.

So I repeat the question:

What should we do militarily at the moment?
    A. Attack Americans
    11.76%
    A. Attack Greeks
    5.88%
    A. Attack Neither
    14.71%
    B. Find and hit Zulus
    8.82%
    B. Find and hit Germans
    2.94%
    B. Find and hit Russians
    2.94%
    B. Attack no one while we build strength
    17.65%
    C. Spin the Banana
    5.88%
    C. Smoke the Banana
    23.53%
    C. Protect the Banana
    5.88%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Re: Military Action Revisited, Part 2

Originally posted by cavebear
    We previously decided to attack the Americans. Subsequent discussion has suggested some problems with that.

So I repeat the question:

What should we do militarily at the moment?
    My impression is that subsequent discussion was about the best tactics to use, not about whether to change the strategy.

Let's build a fort next to Washington, position as many attackers as we need and go for it.

RJM at Sleepers
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

We have to build up a military force and get our logistics straightened out before we can launch an attack on Americans.

It might be worthwhile to swing by Zulu's for a visit on the way, their Great Wall is ending soon

Comment

Don't we have metallurgy? With the advent of cannons, the Great Wall becomes obsolete.

I like the plan of Muskets and Cannons on a fortress, though we should co-ordinate our forces so that they assemble together, rather than leaving some close and vunerable to counterattacks.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We have Metallurgy; the Great Wall is thus expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

, I missed that, anyway, all the more reason to swing by Zulu for a visit

Comment

Does our honorable SMC have a plan to convince the ppl of cincinnati to become citizens of our nice little country?

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
              X