Ok who wants in for what jobs?

President: Atawa

Foreign Minister: Sparrowhawk

Minister of War:

Science Advisor: Obiwan18

City planner:

Imperial Expansion:

Historian:

You have 3 days to nominate and then I will post polls for the elections.

Thankyou
    Last edited by Hydey; August 28, 2003, 06:23.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

I'd accept another Cabinet post. No time for anything more intensive...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I would like to once again nominate atawa for President (for the third time maybe atawa/W4E/DL? )

I would also like to submit my own name for Foreign Minister (as I hope with Embassies this position will have a little more meaning).

Respectively submitted,
      /me Citizen of Apolyton

Edit: Removed the Capital A from atawa
      Last edited by Sparrowhawk; August 28, 2003, 13:16.
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

/me accepts

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
        I would like to once again nominate atawa for President
        As RL starts to get normal again I can finaly accept this nomination.

If elected president I'll make it my goal to ensure a swift anahilation of all the pests that infested our world

Hope I get another oponent besides the though

Comment

I think I have time to run for something in Sept...
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

/me looks at last three or four posts.

Seems I have a hankering for the science ministry.

Please add me to the list, Hydey.

Atawa.

Bonne Chance.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Anyone else care to nominate?

PLEASE
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

It's been a while since i've visited, what is the rule on incumbant presidents running for re-election?
                shade vs atawa 9/03 sounds good.

And how about
                cavebear vs MrWereItsAt for the war minister post.
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Zedd: why dont you run for office?

Hydey: Can you please remove the capital A from atawa?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what Jrabbit and STYOM put there names up for , as well as seeing some new names added I hope .

As asked by atawa (no "A" ), Zedd why don't you run for office?

Perhaps War4ever will put his name up this month? I note no one has as of yet put there name up or minister of War.....would this be a suitable position for someone with a name like w4e? I think so.

Time is running out on nominations however, so I hope people step up to the plate soon!
                    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

With Sparrowhawk and obiwan18 we have excelent candidates for the Foreign and Science Ministries

/me to hear for witch posts -Jrabbit and Six Thousand Year Old Man are running for

We definately do need a minister of war and city planner. We need to get to fundi without caravans while fighting on two fronts. Our crusaders are no longer a match for the American defense. So we have our work cut out for us

Comment

/me looks forward to seeing two candidates for each position (or more )

This game should get very interesting indeed! (not that it isn't alread )

Comment

I would prefer to be a simple citizen this next term, so I will not run for any position.
                          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                            I would prefer to be a simple citizen this next term, so I will not run for any position.
                            As a "simple" citizen , you are among the best qualified to be President, which I am sure you will again be one day. But I hope that there are more nominations to come, though time is quickly running out .

Comment

Experience is not everything. It is also good to have different citizens serving as Presidents and Ministers for fresh approaches and ways of running the government. I look forward with some interest to see how the next administration will present new ideas into the game.

My view is that the more of us are experienced in government, the larger the pool of qualified leaders becomes, and the better all of us will understand the demands and difficulties (and benefits) of participating in government.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
                              X