Tech theft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech theft?

Shall we adopt a policy of using Diplomats for tech theft in order to upgrade the flow of sciences to our civ? Obviously, this would impact build orders in our border cities...

Depending on the techs available, this could either aid or impede our drive toward Democracy.
    Yes! More sciences NOW!
    57.14%
    Uh, no. It's uncool and will raise our beaker requirements.
    0.00%
    Banana and/or further sage thoughts (see my post).
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Depends on what we can get. To get to Conscription, yes. To get to Fundy even, yes. Beyond that circumstances change (more money, hopefully). But the key is to only steal where we know there is a chance of getting one of the key techs we want. If we have the option of getting Sanitation or Amphibious Warfare - no.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

We definately want to try to steal anything that we are researching. And we might want to be prepared to steal our way out of a situation where we are only offerred old or useless techs to research.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Yes, steal unless the civs start to get useless technologies. At this point, we have so many useful techs that this should not really be a concern.

Another benefit of Democracy is that one civ could build the Statue of Liberty, which we can capture ourselves.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

30 shields for a tech is mighty cheap.

Steal everything we can

Comment

I've been in and out of this forum so I can't say I'm totally up to speed. Do we have embassies yet? If not, I think we should hold off stealing tech. If we have an embassy and we know what they have to steal, then yes.

But there's no point in attempting a theft hoping for Demo or Gunpowder and coming up with something useless (when the desired techs aren't even possessed by the other Civ). Or worse, finding nothing and leaving a diplomat exposed to retaliation.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

So what's the BFD? Just send 2 dips...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

or 4 dips
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                  So what's the BFD? Just send 2 dips...
                  Absolutely, find out what they have first via an embassy. And make sure we can reach enough cities to steal the tech we want (if they have 4 techs, we need 4 cities within reach).
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                  X