Foriegn Ministry 740 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foriegn Ministry 740 AD

The foriegn ministry without a single embassy is like tits on your cousin, pointless. That's why I'm glad we've built so many diplomats, but there's still room for improvement.

Poll A: Sign a ceasefire with the Americans
    Poll A: Genocidal warfare on America, wipe them out.
    Poll A: Bill Clinton's Banana got a lot of use when he was President
    Poll B: Diplomats make an embassy with America and cause other mischief on them
    Poll B: Only cause mischief
    Poll B: Bill Clinton's Banana should be sought after by Spies once we have them
    Poll C: Wipe out the Romans
    Poll C: Leave the pathetic Romans for last
    Poll C: Eat Bananas like the Romans do, lying on your side
    Poll D: Establish an embassy with the Romans (no diplos near by)
    Poll D: No embassy is needed
    Poll D: Embassies make good places to store Bananas
    Poll E: Wipe out the Greeks now (means diverting the army from other tasks)
    Poll E: Leave the Greeks for later
    Poll E: The Return of the Greekish Banana!
    Poll F: Make an embassy with Greece (Diplo would have to be built)
    Poll F: Leave Greece as a mystery, for now
    Poll F: Requisite Banana option
    Poll A-F: Banana again!

The Zulus are still hidden from us, but it seems we are looking for them in all the right places, and there is another hidden power out there as well which we have not yet come across, probably whoever was restarted when we crushed Japan, they should be weak and easy to kill.
    Poll A: Sign a ceasefire with the Americans
    4.46%
    Poll A: Genocidal warfare on America, wipe them out.
    5.36%
    Poll A: Bill Clinton's Banana got a lot of use when he was President
    5.36%
    Poll B: Diplomats make an embassy with America and cause other mischief on them
    8.93%
    Poll B: Only cause mischief
    1.79%
    Poll B: Bill Clinton's Banana should be sought after by Spies once we have them
    3.57%
    Poll C: Wipe out the Romans
    9.82%
    Poll C: Leave the pathetic Romans for last
    2.68%
    Poll C: Eat Bananas like the Romans do, lying on your side
    2.68%
    Poll D: Establish an embassy with the Romans (no diplos near by)
    3.57%
    Poll D: No embassy is needed
    8.04%
    Poll D: Embassies make good places to store Bananas
    3.57%
    Poll E: Wipe out the Greeks now (means diverting the army from other tasks)
    1.79%
    Poll E: Leave the Greeks for later
    10.71%
    Poll E: The Return of the Greekish Banana! :lol:
    3.57%
    Poll F: Make an embassy with Greece (Diplo would have to be built)
    10.71%
    Poll F: Leave Greece as a mystery, for now :evilgrin:
    1.79%
    Poll F: Requisite Banana option
    3.57%
    Poll A-F: Banana again!
    8.04%

We need embassies with Greece and America, but I'm not too worried about Rome.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
    Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I am voting based on the assumption that "wipe out" means reduce to 1 city and prevent growth until the end of the game. I really don't want to have to spend a month re-searching the map for dinky little respawns with one city in the vast wilderness!

And BTW, the Powergraph says the Zulus are as powerful as the Romans.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        I am voting based on the assumption that "wipe out" means reduce to 1 city and prevent growth until the end of the game.
        I share this POV.

No that huts have dried up, embassies for tech trade, plus a bit of tech theft, should become a major priority.

For both, we need DIPLOMATS!
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I voted that 'leave them for last' meant reducing the Romans to 1 city.

I don't want to have to spend the whole game searching for 1 city especially since we cannot build the Apollo program.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I like the idea of eliminating the Civs (and having them restart) so having embassies with them is benefitial to knowing how many cities they have left. I voted in favour of embassies with the Greeks and Americans. The Romans we should only need an embassy if we either cannot find their cities or we decide we want to leave them with one city but don't know when that is. Further, I think a poll is required on whether we leave one city or destroy the Civ and go after it's spawn.

/me , citizen of Apolyton
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Right....

Ceasefire with the Americans until we have troops IN POSITION and/or know something about them beyond sighting a few well-placed cities. Taking them on without an embassy may be suicide, which is why we need an embassy and diplos to cause some mayhem before any attacks.

Wipe out (surround and starve) the Romans, but get an embassy if possible, as there may still be a few cities around. Let's be SURE we have them.

Similar to the Americans, we need to actually know more about juicy Greek targest before any war, so we must establish an embassy and otherwise keep them off our backs until we have nore info/are more prepared to deal with them. That doesn;t mean appeasing their demands however.

And I loved the banana options so much I voted for ALL of them.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Voted the way I wanted
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  And I loved the banana options so much I voted for ALL of them.
                  Excellent

Comment

Re: Foriegn Ministry 740 AD

Originally posted by H Tower

The Zulus are still hidden from us, but it seems we are looking for them in all the right places, and there is another hidden power out there as well which we have not yet come across, probably whoever was restarted when we crushed Japan, they should be weak and easy to kill.
                    The Zulus and Japanese are both green civs, so the Zulus would have respawned when the Japanese died.
                    Unless you've changed the colours of the civs in your game.

Comment

The original civ remaining that we haven't located yet is the Germans.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

turns have been played...there is an embassy with the Americans and we made contact with the Germans.

I suggest we try to steal Demo from the Americans. They now are researching Gunpowder and they have leo's ie as soon as they get Gunpowder they will be at least 3x as strong as now and a serrious treath

Shade
                        ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                        shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Yes, let us steal Democracy.

One more technology on the road to Fundamentalism.

The more technologies we can steal from the Americans, the fewer we will need to research ourselves.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We might as well change xinning from science to gold as we are stealing our next 2 techs from Americans.

Comment

Question for our Foreign Minister:

Can the people get some information on Americans now that we have an embasy?

Comment

Working...
                              X