Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minister of War - Apache Province (Americans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister of War - Apache Province (Americans)

We have 2 Legions, 2 Crusaders, and 3 Diplomats near the American city of Buffalo (a border city). It seems unwalled. We could get all the units there in 5 turns. Should we attempt to take it? Buffalo has no terrain advantage. One Diplomat can be used to establish an embassy with the Americans in 2 turns.
    We can take it and hold it, and should
    70.00%
    Nah, not yet, wait for more offensive units
    10.00%
    Let the sleeping American dogs lie
    20.00%
    Bananas are good, let them guide our actions
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Why not, but we might have to reassess after the embassy, dependent on just how strong-looking those Americans are. Nevertheless, it would be good to choose a tch or two off them...
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Tora Tora Tora

Attack them
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Take the city, we can always bribe it back if they capture it again.

Comment

We want that city.
          We need that city.
          We deserve that city!

edited: to fix smilie
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

"Apache Province"???????
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              "Apache Province"???????
              Glad you liked that...
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

So I take it we are avenging the American incursions onto 'our' land?

Pretty funny considering that the Apache do not believe in ownership of land.

Let us liberate the Americans from the shackles of paganism.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I would like to see us attack Buffalo, and if we are successful in taking it, hold the city, and cease our war with the Americans for the time being. The embassy we establish will be most interesting IMO. (especially for our often sleeping Foreign Minister ( s ) who have been requesting Embassies for Eons )
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Wha_?

Oh, I shouldn;t worry - I'm not Foreign Minister anymore.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                      So I take it we are avenging the American incursions onto 'our' land?

Pretty funny considering that the Apache do not believe in ownership of land.
                      Nope, this time it's a pre-emptive strike to prevent the expansive Americans (who have demonstrated their aggressive intentions by destroying the peaceful "Indian" civilization) from threatening our cultural heritage.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Wha_?

Oh, I shouldn;t worry - I'm not Foreign Minister anymore.
                        Not a criticism of you MWIA, more that HTower before you and our current Foreign Minister (umm.... who is it now? HTower again? ) requested Embassies long ago, and we still have none. Hopefully in the near future we finally establish an embassy. I can understand the of the Foreign Minister when we provide so little information for him/her to work with .

/me citizen of the Apolyton Imperium
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Nope, this time it's a pre-emptive strike to prevent the expansive Americans.
                          It's a shame we don't have a trade commodity like tobacco. The Americans can have all our supply.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                            It's a shame we don't have a trade commodity like tobacco. The Americans can have all our supply.
                            We really need to trade them opium...
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                            Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                            Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                            X