Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minister of War - Gaulic Province (Romans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister of War - Gaulic Province (Romans)

I propose that we start accumulating offensive units in Veii (nearest Rome). Cumae is building a Knight; we should rush it (13 G) to save a turn. It can start out sooner. It will arrive in Veii in 6 turns. Along the way, Antium can add a Knight already available. That will give Veii a force of 2 Crusaders and 2 Knights to attack Rome's walls. All those units are Vets. Veii could contribute a Diplomat if rushed 1 turn.

If we take Rome, the Roman civ will be crippled once and for all.

Should we attack Rome with this force?
    2 Crusaders and 2 Knights should be sufficient
    28.57%
    You're crazy, it's a slaughter
    71.43%
    I have a better plan...
    0.00%
    Bananas Can Weaken the Romans Better Than Crusaders!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by cavebear; August 7, 2003, 21:30.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

What kind of opposition can we expect? Just Legions, or have we seen the Romans with other forces?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

What about those City Walls??? standing between us and Rome??
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

get a few diplos and bring down those walls before we send in our brave fighting men
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Depends on Rome having Feud or not, if not go for it, if they have we'll need either cats or take the walls down first.

Comment

Rush the dip and use her to get us an idea of the defense force. This doesn't sound like a large enough force vs. a walled capital...
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Definitely, A Dip needs to investigate Rome before an attack! The one being built now in Veii can be ready in time.

Last edited by cavebear; August 8, 2003, 13:56.
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Yes, let us seek out the weak spots before deploying our brave men.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

While I am too late to vote in the Poll, I support attacking Rome as soon as we can be reasonably assured of victory. It seems that we cannot be reasonably sure until we use diplomats to weaken their defenses.

Therefore, I must ask...do we use diplomats to bring down the city walls immediately (despite the odds against bringing down city walls in a capital city) or do we use multiple dips to destroy improvements until the walls come down (which spawns the further question: how many is enough without knowing what improvements the city contains?).

Either way, I look forward to hearing of the ultimate destruction of the Roman Empire (not this seige that has been proposed elsewhere). I fear not the other civs that may come at a later date, I think we need to destroy the Romans now.
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I think it would be best to use a Dip to investigate Rome, so that we can see if there are really sufficient defense to thwart an attack. For all we now, there is but a lone Warrior huddling in the shadows of the city walls. Trying to take down the city walls with a Dip is a slim hope.

Comment

Working...
                    X