Grand Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Strategy

Ok, it's becoming very clear that we have no clear strategy. Are we going to maximize tax or maximize science?
    Maximize Science
    69.23%
    Maximize Taxes
    15.38%
    Maximize Bananas
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
    Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
    Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Maximize science through engineers and tactics (perhaps continuing to armor), the set science to zero and kick tail.

(On this all-land map, we might want to consider the benefits of flight as well IMHO.)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think we need to maximize science. We have *got* to get a better form of government!

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Science.

We have to get Engineers to properly develop our vast terrain, and to deliver crusaders to the heathen lands.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Yes, Engineers, too.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Science... for a time. Until we have Fundy, Explosives and mayhaps RR. Then Tactics if the AI we are facing is putting up a fight.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

science indeed...(but still try to keep our income/cost at a possitive rate(ie not negative))

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

We need Engineers and railroads so max science.

Comment

Well, that settled that. I will make my recommendations (with some tweaking) to the President sometime today.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                  Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
                  X