No announcement yet.

City Planner's Tentative Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure I follow all the posts in this thread, we seem to be talking together about a number of different issues.

One in particular I am commenting on is Xinning. Wasn't there a recent poll (in the last regime) that rather then adding settlers to cities to increase Xinning, we were to use settlers to found new cities? Surely the new City Planner isn't suggesting that we abandon that poll of the Citizens of Apolyton?
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'm not suggesting we use settlers to build up population in existing cities. Just that many cities are already close to being size 5 and we should immediately use them for xinning when it's possible to do so.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
      Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
        I am not sure I follow all the posts in this thread, we seem to be talking together about a number of different issues.
        I agree, this has become much more complex than I expected it to, most of these topics have little or nothing to do with my buildlist.

Comment

Here is the slightly modified new version of the buildlist. Hopefully this will address some of the SMC's concerns.
          Attached Files

Comment

Using settlers for growth only makes sense in non-representative gov'ts. In Democracy, you should celebrate to grow, and use it as an opportunity to build more settlers, to the food/shield limit of the city site.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I wasn't aware we were under a representative gov't.

Comment

JRabbit:

The whole purpose of this game is to forgo representative governments in favour of the more reprehensible Fundamentalism.

Cannonfodder:

Would it be more advantageous in the short term to crank up taxes so that we can increase the city infrastructure, and to bribe enemy cities with diplomats?
                IMHO, this is the most important decision, to figure out what we will Xin for.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

obiwan -- When I D/L'd the save last night and glanced at it, I thought we were in Democracy. (I was in and out of several gamefiles, so could easily have been confused.)

Per my previous post, if we're in a non-representative gov't, using settlers to speed the otherwise-glacial growth from size 4 to xinnable size 5 is, perfectly viable.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

we are a monarchy and Shade is our King
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I agree with using some settlers to get some additional core cities to size 5 to give us greater flexibility and impact in Xinning. But the cities near our enemy civs should be left to focus on offensive military units.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                        Cannonfodder:

Would it be more advantageous in the short term to crank up taxes so that we can increase the city infrastructure, and to bribe enemy cities with diplomats?
                        IMHO, this is the most important decision, to figure out what we will Xin for.
                        It might be advantageous in the short run, but I believe we would be doing ourselves a disservice in the long term. If we concentrate on science instead then we can reap the rewards of our new technology sooner rather than later.

Comment

Investment in a civ's infrastruture and tech always pays off in the long run. Just because we have deliberately forbidden ourselves some forms of investment doesn't mean we should not do our best to use those remaining to us.

Even as Minister of War this term, I am more concerned with the resources we need to achieve our final victory over our enemies than I am about the benefits for the next individual battle. I see one and only one goal - success by the end of the game!

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Spoken like an ex-President!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              Spoken like an ex-President!
                              And possible future one...

Comment

Cavebear:

Success in the end term is often the result of a series of wise decisions made by the preceding ministers. So in concentrating on our immediate concerns, we can avoid many potential problems.

Cannonfodder:

I agree, I just wanted to hear your thoughts.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X