X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
    Good work shade
    of course did you expect anything less

As for having the funds to bribe Buffalo, I'm all for it, but the voters so far seem opposed to raising the taxes (Xinning) at the expense of science.
    I'm not talking of using all cities for this goal but 1 or 2 should suffice(we already need one to keep a possitive cashflow)

Shade
    Last edited by shade; July 30, 2003, 17:59.
    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by shade

I'm not talking of ussing all cities for this goal but 1 or 2 should suffice(we already need one to keep a possitive cashflow)

Shade
      Depends on how expensive that is... and if we do bribe it, we want to have sufficient cash so that it can't be bribed back, and also some funds for possible rushbuys (walls? barracks? units?).
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

we want to have sufficient cash so that it can't be bribed back, and also some funds for possible rushbuys (walls? barracks? units?).
        Good point. The Americans likely have a flourishing republic, so Diplomats are a definite possibility.

Why not just build a crusader to destroy most of the troops wandering near the city?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
          Why not just build a crusader to destroy most of the troops wandering near the city?
          you mean in the "bribed Buffalo" or???

Shade (brain just switched to screensaver-mode)
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

I haven't checked the map in detail, but do we still expect to find any huts?

Now that we have invention, the amount of gold we receive from Huts should increase (as the odds formerly of finding scrolls of wisdom now should be added to the odds of finding gold ).

Perhaps this is the method in the short term we will use to increase or funds for bribing a city or two? (though this is again a short term solution, I like to get all we can from huts )
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I agree. We should start getting more gold from huts. It does appear that there are still plenty of them around. I'm used to having them get scarce by now, but on this large map...

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
              Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
              Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
              Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

More gold would be a good thing
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

you mean in the "bribed Buffalo" or???
                  Yes, I should have specified in 'bribed Buffalo'.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                  X