2nd Choice of Technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Choice of Technologies

It looks like we will soon discover Economics, and while that wasn't the first choice of the people, our King did his best with what brainpower is available to one not of the Science Field

However, this did illustrate the need for a second choice of technologies, thus the need for this poll.

Our first choice, from the last poll, is still Engineering.

Please post your 2nd choice, if Engineering is once again not available.

Should you have trouble deciding, feel free to choose any of the available techs, we are so advanced any of the available choices is fine.

/me Minister of Science for the most Advanced Nation in the World!

Note: As the choices before Invention are getting limited, please post below the choice you would like us to set as a goal. i.e. Explosives have been mentioned, as have various forms of Government, but please post whatever you think should be our next goal.
    Navigation
    60.00%
    Future Technology
    0.00%
    War is the only option, Science is for Sissies
    40.00%
    Banana poll, all of the above
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

"Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

War minister votes the only way the people would want.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I would say Explosives, Tactics and Fundi are now the 3 main techs to aim for.

Comment

This is just a stupid waste of time poll

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

This science minister wonders what the Minister of War would have me do...we have the prerequisites for two techs (Engineering and Navigation...plus Economics which we are currently researching). The people have already spoken as to having Engineering as our first choice, so the only other choice is Navigation obviously, or to 0 our science rate, and focus on war.

The actual reason for the poll, as I stated in my post, is to find out what goals people would like to set for the next technologies we should research.

Perhaps I spoke too much , and post too often , I will attempt to temper my enthusiasm and keep quiet until there is something more significant for the Science Minister to poll on . Until such time, I will stick to reading your opinions, and try not to voice my opinion (as I have stated, I have struggled with this democracy game concept, apparently I missed the point).

/me the humble
          Science Minister
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I'm sorry

If the king gets the only option of navigation then I'm sure he will pick the only option.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

LOL, I don't want to assume anything when it comes to rulers of a nation.

I think you are right, but as our options become limited, and we have less choices of what to research, the job of science minister becomes someone needless. However, I will find something to post about

Hopefully citizens start posting what our long term goals should be (as Atawa has done) and I can do a poll of long term objectives, and what the citizens want us to aim for in our scientific research.

Sparrowhawk
              Minister of Science

Comment

I would prefer we turn science off for a while as the AI will follow suit and that will give us longer to make use of our vet crucs

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Let's go Fundy, THEN kill science for awhile, and really make those crucs pay off!

General Hydey will bonk some alien civ heads for sure...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

One important technology remains forgotten.

We can churn lots of calvary, but where will we send them?

What will our armies of engineers build?

That's why we should include Railroad as an important technology, and why I would vote Navigation ahead of Economics.

We cannot build AS.
                    Economics allows us to build the banned freight, tempting our leader to break our rules.

Navigation, with Physics allows us to build Steam Engine, only one technology away from Railroad.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Edit:

dp

Odd.
                      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; July 14, 2003, 17:20.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

/me shrugs

Let's just research what the game gives us as an option that gives us the most stuff, or pushes us towards the tech that gives us the most stuff, whatever it is.

And how do you have the advisors on in your game?
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          And how do you have the advisors on in your game?
                          Not sure if this question is aimed at me or not, but I will answer it anyway. (since I am the one that posted the screenshot of the science advisor)

Are we not supposed to have the advisors on? I have them on in all the games I play, and while they are usually better for a laugh then anything else, I was unaware they were supposed to be "turned off".

Did I miss something?

Comment

Ah - got it! You actually have The Multiplayer Gold Edition, perhaps. I have every other version of Civ2 but that, and the patch I got turns off movies. Is that it?
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

That's right, I do have the MPGE. I assumed all versions have it, though I beleive they can be "turned off".

I was unaware that other versions didn't have this feature. Learn something new every day I guess!

Comment

Working...
                              X