Fundy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundy

As those who remember the last Democracy game, we have experienced every form of government, except for Fundamentalism.

Therefore I propose a plan to drive towards Fundamentalism so that we can broaden our experience as democracy gamers.

An alternative preposition is to remain in a Monarchy, crank up our taxes and luxuries while churning out Crusaders to conquer the entire world.

Of course, there will be some who clamour for Democracy when we finally research the tech, regardless of the army required to conquer the world?

So which should we strive for, as an advanced form of Government?

Vote today and have your say!
    representative (Republic/Democracy)
    15.38%
    repressive (Communism)
    15.38%
    reprehensible (Fundamentalism)
    69.23%
    reprobate (Despotism/Monarchy)
    0.00%
    Banana Anarchy
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Communism is the form of government we want for this game. I want Spies to steal techs, Engineers to make improvements, and Communism to support military units on the move. Communism will make our Spies Vets, will eliminate corruption, martial law units will be doubled in effectiveness, and Settlers/Engineers use less food per turn.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

same choice here: cummunism all the way, with our cities so far from oneanother, unhappyness opposing every decision you want to make and a killer science-rate I think this is our best option...the only drawback is the time it will take to get it...

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

We should go towards fundi.
        In fundi we'll have no support for our army's and no need for martial law since everyone is always content.
        It also provides us with huge amounts of to rushbuy more so we can the pests who live on our planet

Who needs vet spies when you have a constant stream of units making its way to the battlefield?

/me , citizen

Comment

I agree with Atawa on this one, for similar reasons.

Though it will hurt our already deplorable science rate I think Fundamentism is the obvious choice for a Empire that has Imperialistic intentions.

/me , Science Minister

On a slightly off topic note, who choose the name "Apolytonian Imperium"? It makes me laugh and wonder...do the other civs dream of destroying the "Evil A.I."?
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

atawa, he speaks the truth.

War ministers like fundy
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Fundi should be our goal, but Democracy is the way to get it.

1. Set tech path to Democracy.
              2. Start camel breeding program.
              3. Get Democracy, celebrate a bit for a jolt of city growth.
              4. Build WoW and go to "soft Fundi."
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Fundi should be our goal, but Democracy is the way to get it.

1. Set tech path to Democracy.
                2. Start camel breeding program.
                3. Get Democracy, celebrate a bit for a jolt of city growth.
                4. Build WoW and go to "soft Fundi."
                2 small technical problems... we won't build caravans and wonders...those are 2 of our sadomasochistic rules

Shade
                ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Then straight to Fundy, I guess...

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Actually, if we continue to Xin, our science rate will increase with a Fundamentalist government, since corruption and unhappiness cease to exist.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

With no camels we have had to keep our people's luxuries to what they can scavenge for themselves, so our number one biggest problem with attempting to grow cities to where they can prodcue enough is unhappiness. If we go fundy - no unhappiness means we don't need to keep city sizes down and we can throw off a settler or two after some further growth to give us all those magnificent improvements like roads and irrigation. Now they won't do a hell of a lot for our science in Fundy, of course, but when we change to a better government later, and we have had both the cash of Fundy to rush Temples and things (giving us even MORE money) and the pop growth, switching to a better government would give us an enormous boost, as long as the happiness factor was planned well enough for.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Fundy is great for large armies such as we shall have
                        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Working...
                        X