• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when does the voting end ?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

some 6h from now I think(presidential elections end then)

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Thoughts about our international situation (again slightly difficult with only posted maps and reports to go by, but I think I have a handle on it):

The brief war with Japan was indeed costly in terms of units with their unexpected pre-emptive assault before our armies could have a go at them, and it was in the Imperium's best interests to accept their ceasefire when it happened. Troops are needed there, and I will push the SMC and President to do this before declaring war on them again. As for the others, there are some nice wonders out there, but we can't take them unless we know where they are.

In short, it is my opinion that the Imperium's ambitions have always been forged in the thirst for conflict, and that is exactly what should shape our foreign policy. Explore until we meet all opponents, and seek to learn as much about their juicy Wonder cities as possible, then take them. We need not trade with them in most circumstances, except where military technologies are available. As for those we know - Japan - I would try my best to aid the SMC and President in their objectives of building and transporting sufficient forces there to begin our manifest destiny.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Congrats MWIA

Your campaign speech came less than 2 hours before the election was over, I hope you aren't as turgid in office as you were in campaigning

Comment

Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

/me shrugs

What excuses can I find? I'm not used to three day polls (but 5), I half expected Tower to win no matter what I did anyway and I was at a raucous 21st over the weekend.

At least one of them has to satisfy.

Thanks everyone for your vote of confidence - I hope I have shown that I was thinking about the job and ready to answer questions as soon as I saw the poll was up (unluckily that was two days after said poll started!). Now I know what's happening you can be assured that at least I cannot use that excuse again.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

yes yes welcome to our team .
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Congratulations MWIA:

I second Cavebear, in the enormous amount of expertise shared by both candidates.

Welcome to the team, MWIA.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                  X