Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister of war report 950 BC

we are At war with both AI that we have contact with

We are not in a possition to attack both due to distance to cover, lack of knowledge , lack of veteran troops.

I suggest we attack the Japanese, see war plan thread

while leaving the greeks until we are better prepared and we at least know where their cities are.

The president has asked about upgading warriors, I would like this but I think it would be best done by using troops gained from huts, legion or archers rather than building new units, I know this will be a long slow process but I think we will be better off in the long run.

We have only discovered about 1/4 of the map so far (yes it is that huge) so I really think we must continue exploring and popping as many huts as we can , trying to find the other AI's.

I note we have begun building barracks in 2 of our cities, I support this and would support the rushbuying of them to help the war effort.

Our current army consists of : 3 x Settlers, 7 X Warriors, 3 x Phalanx, 4 x Archers, 4 x Legion, 4 x Horseman and 3 x Chariot.
    upgrade warriors with units from huts
    5.41%
    upgrade warriors by building better ones
    2.70%
    don't upgade warriors, I like them
    4.50%
    feed bananas to the warriors
    5.41%
    continue popping all huts
    9.91%
    only pop huts nearer AI cities
    0.00%
    stop popping huts for now
    1.80%
    banana huts
    4.50%
    rush buy barracks that we are building
    5.41%
    continue building the barracks normally
    5.41%
    build barracks in more cities
    0.90%
    banana barracks
    5.41%
    continue war with Japanese: ATTACK
    9.01%
    stop war with japanese: no attack
    0.00%
    hold Japanese attack until later
    1.80%
    banana = Japan
    5.41%
    Attack the Greeks ASAP
    0.90%
    do not attack the greeks: no attack
    0.00%
    wait until later to attack the greeks
    9.91%
    banana split is a greek
    5.41%
    Build units in cities with barracks only
    7.21%
    build units in any city
    3.60%
    don't build any units
    0.00%
    Banana is my friend
    5.41%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

I'm opposed to popping huts, because that will further slow our research if we find any unwanted techs. Ideally, we would find Monarchy or Polytheism... but if we don't, we'll be waiting even longer for those techs.

If we upgrade warriors, we should do so at our most exposed city sites, with Horsemen. For now, they'll provide a better 'offensive' defense, and martial law. For later, they'll upgrade well when we get Leo's.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Problem:
      No wonder allowed and a small chance that we capture it soon.
      TEIC

Comment

Right, forgot that :duh:

Still, the other 2 points apply.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The only thing less useful than a Warrior is no unit at all. They are almost not worth feeding. I think we should cash them in on better units until we achieve Monarchy If we must pay for each units, it makes more sense to have them be Chariots and Legions.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I disagree, keep them for martial law and use the advanced units to crush our enemy's with.

Attack them asap although I would suggest establishing an embassy with them first.

Comment

Seeing as we need the units for martial law, keep the warriors, disbanding them to rush a horse should any of our cities be threatened.

Advanced units should be massed to smash our enemies before they grow significantly.

I'd recommend holding off on the barracks and building temples so that we can reduce martial law under a Monarchy, but that's just me.

Since units include settlers, build the settlers from cities not already supporting a settler.

All combat units should be built in cities with barracks.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

1. Get upgrade units from huts. (where possible to build new in our cities.) Don't disband warriors, make them our city guard and set the rest agains our enemies.
                2. Mis vote, I checked stop popping huts but intended the "pop huts near AI civs" for NONE units.
                3. rush te barraks and build settlers or temples IMO
                4. War with japan , if our minister of War is up to the challenge.
                5. Wait untill we have more knowledge of the greeks.
                6. Build units in whatever city can support them.
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Build barracks in cities that can support them and some units. Rush existing barracks. War w/J now, war w/G later. And pop the stinkin' huts!
                  April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Working...
                  X