War Plans :-Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Plans :-Japan

I think we should strike ASAP before the AI gets to big in too many places. This is a HUGE map and I don't fancy trying to invade 200 AI citys.

I believe that in 13 turns we can be in position to Take the first Japanese city, their others can not be too far from this one.

Attack force will contain 2 legion, 2 Horseman, 1 Archer and 1 chariot with the possibility of another 1 or 2 units from near by huts.

I suggest we use the 2 horse to continue searching until other units get closer before moving into possition.

The attack is from 3 different squares next to the city, all are forest(extra defence value) possition one legion or archer on each square and then acompany them with a horse or chariot.

Please have a look at the map provided , vote in the poll and make any suggestions for or against.

Thankyou

/me Minister of WAR
    Yes Hydey is the master
    52.63%
    Yes but look at my suggestion below
    10.53%
    No , we need more troops
    5.26%
    no, we should be at peace
    0.00%
    no wait until later in the game
    0.00%
    Hydey you Idiot do it this way (idea below)
    0.00%
    throw bananas at the Japanese
    31.58%

The poll is expired.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

I have a question before I vote. I like the idea, but where are the proposed units to come from? Would we move all nearby exploring units to the attack or would we use some in the cities? Or both? Or are we building some new ones?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I thought it showed that on the map provided
      did you look at it?

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Pop the hut next to the chariot first, it might contain Mon.

Besides that I agree with this plan

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
          I thought it showed that on the map provided
          did you look at it?

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Hydey/warplans2.jpg
          I am suitably admonished for not having checked your map first.

Yes, I agree the plan will work. If 2 Legions and an Archer can't take the city, we are in deep dark trouble. And the other units will provide backup and/or martial law if the attacking units are damaged.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Another benefit from this plan is we can rehome our units in our newly conquered city's, maybe giving us the option to change to Rep.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
              Pop the hut next to the chariot first, it might contain Mon.
              yes yes, sorry I thought that but forgot to put it in my post

I thank Atawa for pointing out this oversight.

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Lets teach those infidels a lesson, and show our true might to the rest of the civs, May the greeks ever quiver with fear!

BTW don't throw bannannas at the Japanese, Feed them to the troops.
                Wizards sixth rule:
                "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
                Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

about time we go bonk some heads!

EDIT: you can use the [ img] tag so the picture shows up as something besides a link

Comment

how many turns will it take to position our forces, can I also suggest a diplomat to investigate the city before we expend our energies invading it.
                    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Hydey is truly a master.

Meanwhile, we will inhibit Japanese expansion while we sit near their cities.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

As atawa stated, the hut should be popped first, then proceed with all mentioned units towards Kyoto.
                        (Though by the time they get there, the strategy may change, so further evaluation of the situation by our esteemed president may be necessary, if more units or cities are encountered on the way there for instance)
                        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

11 voters so far and not one is going to poke fun at Hydey and call him an idiot? We must all be going soft

Comment

in answer to atomant's question

Originally posted by Hydey
                            I believe that in 13 turns we can be in position to Take the first Japanese city
                            and if the foreign minister wishes a diplomat to check out the city first, so be it but I say "just smash them".

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I agree, dont waste 30 shields to investigate, legions usualy kill everything untill gunpowder.

We could use an embassy though

Comment

Working...
                              X