You say you want a revolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You say you want a revolution?

Strange peoples living in a hut have demonstrated a bizarre form of government that allows citizens to select representatives to adminster their colonies, rather than submitting to a supreme despot.

Although this notion constitutes a grave insult on the personage of Pharoah Cavebear, I noticed that the small village seemed much more prosperous than the other huts.

Shall we follow their example and increase our productivity at the expense of our mighty army and glorious pharoah?

Vote and list your reasoning behind your selection.
    Yes, revolt next Oedo year
    6.25%
    Yes, but not now
    6.25%
    No, we should wait for monarchy
    87.50%
    Lets draw bananalots.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Vote for monarchy! besides the fact that our people are not educated enough, many cities would fall into disorder and be unable to support the troops. Take Glorificus for example, two units would have to be disbanded due to not producing enough shields. AND, the units still in the field would throw the city into disorder!
    Attached Files

Comment

/me votes for monarchy for the same reason as H Tower
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

/me agrees with H-Tower and Hydey for obvious reasons.

Comment

to revolution.

However, when you start talking about destruction, you know you can count me in
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

The question needed to be put to the Citizens, since it *is* an option. And I am confident that the Citizens would agree that I should be their leader in any form of government we tried.

But, I don't think that this new "Republic" idea is a good one for us. I stidied that small village that the City-Planner mentioned. I notice that they can't keep many military units supported, and most of those have to remain in the cities to keep the more rebellious Citizens under control. There were also dark stories of entire Legions being disbanded for lack of an abilty to keep them supplied.

I say we continue our quest for the secret of "Monarchy", which seems to be more suited to our needs.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

However, when you start talking about destruction, you know you can count me in
              Don't you know its gonna be alright?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We should develop our cities and infrastructure under monarchy, then, when the time comes, revolt to Republic. We shall fund celebrations to lure new citizens into our glorious empire!

Comment

/me casts the sole vote for republic later.
                  We should go republic, but only when we can afford to keep up the troops in the field and the cities in order.
                  April City Planner in the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Read Sluggy Freelance! Watch Homestar Runner! Papa Smurf is a Communist!

Comment

Working...
                  X